Songcrafters Helping others

Started by Rata-tat-tat, April 16, 2011, 04:14:40 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on April 26, 2011, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on April 16, 2011, 04:14:40 PMHas anyone here entertained the thought of creating some kind of a marketable CD to raise money to help those in need? Maybe the folks in Japan...maybe the flood victims in Australia..

Are you suggesting donating a song for a compilation CD? I would do that for either of the good causes you've mentioned above.

Farrell

Yah I guess that's what I'm getting at... I don't know much about the red tape and all that it would take to make it happen... but I guess we'd have to come up with a theme and have anyone interested submit their contributions... Heck I think it could become an ongoing thing where people continue to submitt... this way everyone could contribute at their leisure and your work could be put to good use. If anyone knows how to submitt to a pay site I'm all ears... I could contact the Red Cross and find out how we could set up the donation site this way all of the money goes directly to them or whom ever we choose... not that we aren't trust worthy folks on here... just makes it an easy transfer. This would be a long term endevour... If I'm getting out of line "Moderator's" please let me know... I'm pretty ignorant to the legalities of these type of things and am basically brainstorming for ideas at this point. I do think I'm onto something good here though.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

OsCKilO

You could use "Just Giving" as a donation site.

Money goes direct to the charity.

http://www.justgiving.com/
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Kenneth

Very honourable of you, guys.

There are many good causes, and that is an interesting site Tharek.

2 that are close to my heart are the kidney foundation and the B.C. Childrens hospital. My daughter had a heart operation when she was 6 months old, and  they took good care of her for years.

http://www.bcchf.ca/main/?donateNow

http://www.kidney.ca/Page.aspx?pid=1228

Count me in!

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

OsCKilO

Kidney foundation is a good one.

A friend of mine is on regular treatment that leaves him drained.

I was thinking "Is there an international charity that we could fund?"

But then I think of this site, and I see that the world is very small.

I'd be happy to fund a charity across the globe.... Heck...  Most of my friends dont live in my country!

The Greater Good can be just touching one life!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... thanks for chiming in...

T... I emailed the link you sent me and asked if it would be possible to have a page where we could post our submissions where folks could download. Still waiting on a response.

So here's what we have so far:

Charities:

Red Cross
BCC Childrens Hospital
Kidney Foundation of Canada

Donation Site:

http://www.justgiving.com/

I wander if the justgiving site would allow the person who is downloading the song select their charity... that could eliminate any frustration on who gets the funding???

recorder
Tascam DP-02

Gnasty

Hey i just saw this...What an amazing idea!..Any song you need from me, I`m in on it!!

And maybe we should do a super Collab song involving a bunch of us.
I`d be on the production if anyone doesn`t mind?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

I know a few of us have several collabs in progress. Maybe use those to get the ball rolling?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: launched on April 27, 2011, 04:37:29 PMI know a few of us have several collabs in progress. Maybe use those to get the ball rolling?
HINT... HINT... WINK... WINK.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

OK... so I got a response back from Just Giving... they really like the idea. I still like the idea of the person downloading being able to select from a list of charities that they would like to donate to. I don't have a problem sending my stuff to help folks in the UK, but it seems that Just Giving is primarily supporting Charities based in the UK... I think if we we're able to hit a global market would be the way to go. Lemme know what ya think.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Gnasty on April 27, 2011, 04:14:57 PMHey i just saw this...What an amazing idea!..Any song you need from me, I`m in on it!!

And maybe we should do a super Collab song involving a bunch of us.
I`d be on the production if anyone doesn`t mind?

I like Eric's Idea here... have at least one song with a large number of songcrafters contributing... "We are the World" type of thing, but better of course.

Erics got my vote for the production work... I was amazed with his ear for putting my drums together.
recorder
Tascam DP-02