Songcrafters Helping others

Started by Rata-tat-tat, April 16, 2011, 04:14:40 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... I've noticed there are some really good things popping up on this site... many great tunes.... even a screen play for goodness sakes.

Has anyone here entertained the thought of creating some kind of a marketable CD to raise money to help those in need? Maybe the folks in Japan...maybe the flood victims in Australia.. maybe the rebels in Libya (Hell we're already paying for their weapons) Just Kiddin.

We got some real talent here... I'm sure it wouldn't take long to put something together. Any Ideas???

Here is what inspired me to start this thread... I thought this was absolutely the best way to raise money for a just cause.

http://www.thewarriorsong.com/video.html

They posted this song on Itunes all proceeds went to the Armed Forces Relief Trust on a voluntary basis by The Warrior Song Project. May not be the cause this forum would like to persue... but I loved the tune and thought it was a brilliant idea.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Kenneth

Oh yea! I like this idea! Terrific suggestion!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Geir

Thought I answered ... but ...

yeah !!

would have to find a global non-politcal/religious cause tho (we don't wanna start an internal fight over this :D )

... something involving helping unfortunate kids maybe ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

My heart bleeds for the folks in Japan... so many deaths... such a horrific event. I'm sure there are many relief funds out there just need to find one that "Walks the Walk"... haven't studied any yet.

Quote from: Geir on April 18, 2011, 11:20:46 PMThought I answered ... but ...

yeah !!

would have to find a global non-politcal/religious cause tho (we don't wanna start an internal fight over this :D )

... something involving helping unfortunate kids maybe ?

Geir... yes... the intent is to bring people together in support of helping others not to cause any sort of political or religious debate or argument. I just feel it would be a worthwhile undertaking that could possibly generate some funding for those that need it.

BTW I'm not a militant... but I do support anyone who has proudly served the country in which they reside and I thought this song hit home for the troops... Get's ya pumped up... if ya know what I mean.

I really liked the "Warrior Project" concept... it's simple to donate (Download a song for $.99)... they have generated thousands... the website is down... but the last I looked it was somewhere around $11,000.00 US in 2010. That's pretty darn commendable.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

I did feel for the Japanese (wrote a song about it even) especially the nuclear disaster. Those are the last people needing that !!!!

But somehow I think they will be OK. They show a courage and a determination to go on that is really admirable and they've shown that they know how to rise from the abyss before.

I'm more worried about, say, the kids in the Ivory coast.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Geir... foregive me for not being "Up to speed" on my current events, but I'm not sure what is going  on with these kids. Do you have a link that I could read up on??? Are they slave trading kids for labor/ Famine... It seems the Ivory Coast has some raw materials for export... but I guess I'm just not educated enough on their situation.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Tony W

I'm a bit surprised that more people have not chimed in on this thread. I for one don't feel that I have anything to contribute as an artist/musician etc, hence my silence. There are plenty of outstanding musicians here who probable feel as insecure about their abilities as I do.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rata-tat-tat

Tony... I guess that's the beauty of this place... it's not about talent... it's not about ability... (Although there are quite a few with both on here)

I think when anyone of the songcrafters contributes their work they are rest assured that they will recieve praise for their hard work. If nothing else there are plenty of folks willing to help out.

If anyone is interested... I would sure be willing to help however I can. Not trying to change the world... just trying to make it a better place... and what a great way to do it... through music and good people.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

OsCKilO

I'm game.

The Red cross are a great humanitarian  organisation .

They are always the first to respond all over the world.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on April 16, 2011, 04:14:40 PMHas anyone here entertained the thought of creating some kind of a marketable CD to raise money to help those in need? Maybe the folks in Japan...maybe the flood victims in Australia..

Are you suggesting donating a song for a compilation CD? I would do that for either of the good causes you've mentioned above.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?