Rats Rant

Started by Rata-tat-tat, April 13, 2011, 11:05:55 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Ok so I'm usually a pretty nice guy... until someone pisses me off... then I can be a real DCIK!!!! Well it's the beginning stages of me becomming one of those. Powertrip has been practicing in the same garage for the past few years... we barely get to practice anymore at all. Once a week if not once every 2 weeks. The police have visited us the last 2 practices... I'm not going to get mad at them because they were actually way cool and told us that if they were out neighbors they wouldn't say a word... they even held off beating on the garage door so they could finish listening to our song.

Anyhow my point being we have turned the levels down to the point of being muted... The policemen told us that they have to say something because they could here it outside of the house...

My point is this. It is obvious that someone doesn't like the style of music we are playing... or doesn't like music at all... but is that any reason to call the police and have it stopped. Now we will be forced to shell out more money for a rehearsal place in a business district or further sound proof the garage... which I don't think will stop the neighbors from calling.

Get a freakin life already and quit ruining ours.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

OsCKilO

Thats a real shame bro...

Do you talk to your neighbours at all?

Maybe you could agree a time with them to let loose.....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Rata-tat-tat

Hey T.... It's our guitar players house... He thinks he has some new neighbors, but hasn't canvased the area yet. He said he would go around and talk to the neighbors, but I doubt that will happen. We are usually done at 9:30 PM... not sure if our guitar player makes loud noise all of the time, but I doubt it. Anyhow... I was just getting some frustration off of my chest. We could probably move practice to my house but the studio is pretty small... Would be a really tight fit.

We aren't throwing wild parties... we are just practicing... so we can perform better in public. I've had some bad experiences with renting rehersal spaces... people breaking in stealing gear and such. It just sucks a big fat one.

My neighborhood would most likely be much more forgiving as I've lived there for over 10 years and know most of my neighbors... We are even planning a block party this summer where the band will be performing as well as many other bands (All day jam). I just wish some folks could remove that stick out of their ass every once in a while. Times are tough enough... why not try to have some fun every once in a while.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Migs

Neighbours gah... I have lots of noisy neighbours.  The most annoying ones are directly next door.  They have loud fights and then spend hours on the makeup sex.

What you really should do is look up whatever the regs are in your area controlling noise.  It varies a lot from place to place.  It might be that even if the police can hear you from outside there is nothing they can do about it until a certain hour. You should know your rights as well as respecting the neighbours rights because there is nothing worse than long term feuds between neighbours.

For example where I live, theses are the rules:

Noise source:  Musical instruments and electrically amplified sound equipment (e.g. radios, TVs, tape recorders, CD and DVD players, and home theatre systems)

Time restrictions when noise should not be heard in a habitable* room in a neighbour's residence:  Midnight to 8 am on Friday, Saturday or any day preceding a public holiday

10 pm to 8 am on any other day

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

pjd1

If you want my advice go into a rehearsal  studio turn the amps up and let your singer let rip !! come out sweating then do it all again !!! we have a lock up in liverpool which we leave all the equipment in and split the cask up between 5 of us !! naff all !!

Good luck ..
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Kevin Mammoth

recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... after some research... I suspect we are within legal limits. We haven't taken any readings yet, but the ordinance says we can be up to 60 DBa before 10 pm.

Now it did mention that if the noise level exceeds the ambient level of where the complaint was made by 5 DBc then we are in violation of the noise ordinance... however we were never presented any kind of reading from the officers. They just told us that the owner of the house could be arrested for "public menace" if they had to come out more than 1 time and they were able to hear us inside their car sitting outside of the garage door.

After studying the ordinance... Either I'm missing something or the officers didn't know what they were talking about and just wanted us to stop. Like I said the officers were way cool about the whole thing... we are gonna take some readings and see how loud we are 50' away from the house.

I'll even be glad to take some readings inside the neighbors house if they let me... Not trying to be a pain in the neck just tryin to get my point across... Yes we play rock...yes it  gets loud... there are 30 days in a month sometimes 31... Don't we have the right to enjoy at least 2 of those 30 days... Or should we be shhhhuuussshhh'd everytime we pass gas. By the way I tested that on the DB meter I was able to get up to 60 DBa at about 2 feet from the meter. My wife said she was going to have me arrested... LOL I'm such a sick bastard.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

lg

They are just being dicks!!!!

Try setting up in your place and see how it goes....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Gritter

You guys should learn this song and play it at 4 DBc over the ambient level:

[grooveshark]27805401&[/grooveshark]