new work, still needs vox

Started by Scorpios, April 13, 2011, 08:06:17 AM

Scorpios

allergy with keys submix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recorded this one a couple days ago, added vox but they didnt turn out so well so I will redo them when I am feeling more up for 'trying' to sing.

I tried a different mixing approach on it but I don't want to mention it yet to see how noticeable it is

SwanSong

HI, well done the mixing was awesome. loved the effect
of the panning with guitars coming out of both speakers.
had a really nice classic rock feel to the song . great
guitar .best regards NEIL

chip withrow

Sounds to me like you have two different songs here - the first half rockin' in a punk-metal early Kiss-type way (love those splashing cymbals!) and the 2nd half more art-rock metal, almost like Zappa. Both halves work for me. Love those synth sounds.

Rata-tat-tat

Great one Scorpios... Can't wait to hear the Vox bro.

Quote from: chip withrow on April 14, 2011, 04:55:56 PMSounds to me like you have two different songs here - the first half rockin' in a punk-metal early Kiss-type way (love those splashing cymbals!) and the 2nd half more art-rock metal, almost like Zappa. Both halves work for me. Love those synth sounds.
Agree'd with Chip... love them there cymbals. Great stuff.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Scorpios

Thanks for the feedback,
Swansong, yeah on this I just used one guitar track and panned it more to one side and the bass panned to the other side at about 65% - After listening to it on some different stereos though, I think I will try a bit more extreme panning of the bass and guitar tracks.

hardlock

Great vibe!  Like the transision between parts.  Yes, Zappa rebirth. 8)

One note however, be careful with putting the bass panned to one side.  Although very retro sounding, modern MP3s can do strange things to the bass if not centered.  Least my cheap piepod is sometimes effected and I've heard this from other sources as well.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Dmann

Geir

Almost missed this beaut !

Glad I found it, this is right up my alley !!

Fantastic tune !!

Looking forward to hearing it with vocals !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Scorpios

Thanks again...  funny about the Zappa mentioned... I never really was a listener, surely I have heard his stuff, half the time being stuck on the road with a band mate who would put it on religiously, but honestly never really got into it on a serious level.

Hardlock, that's an interesting note about off center bass panning effecting mp3 players, I never heard that and still trying to find some further info on this (with no luck so far). I will keep looking for some info on it though, but if anyone knows of some resources, that would be great.