"Lost & Found" original by Hardlock - should be my theme song?

Started by hardlock, April 12, 2011, 09:05:44 PM

hardlock

Lost & Found-remake
Time:
0:00
Volume:
For those that wanted more, this song is reaching the limits of my creativity in that I start hearing things from my other songs in it......

Time for a rest to reflect I think.  Been real busy and haven't been following all the great material here but now that my obsession on this piece is complete (well, is it ever really?) then I'll have more time to check out the posts.  I've learned lots from it as I had to practice the leads a million times to get them even close to what I wanted.  Other than my pitchy voice, I'm happy with it musiclly as even after hearing a zillion times, I still like it!

Critics welcome as always - Just learning as I go!  :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 2022: New version uploaded with live drums instead of the canned originals

Lost & Found (c) 2011 Ken J Hill
-----------------------------------------------
I see the sunlight shining on your face
Just want to take you far  from this place

A place where  everything is good
And we can feel  that we are understood
I do not want to run the human race
I just need some peace  and a little space

Society is crowding in on us you see
I've found that this is not the place to be
Seems no matter where I go
There's always something I don't know

No time for us to settle down
With all this playing lost and found
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Redler

Fabulous music Hardlock! I like your soft voice! I love the guitars - the solo is stellar! I'm sorry I can't give any critics :)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

We're not worthy, we're not worthy...

Sweet, sweet sounding guitars, very well played.  Loved the construction of the song, the middle parts with the solos rocked.  My one - hopefully positive - criticism is that you should have more confidence in your singing - you have a great characterful voice and it doesn't need the second vocal track, which IMO tends to muddy and confuse things.

Very enjoyable. Well worth obsessing over

odh

and Happy Birthday for Sunday
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Great listen Ken that will get a download when I get home. I need to play it on my system to do it justice. The drum arrangement and guitar playing are supurb. I'm curious, you mentioned the "obssession" with this song but do you ever feel guilty about playing your own material or if like me you think it's egotisical to actually like your own stuff. Sorry, I ramble (it's the age), nice one Ken...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Great one Hardlock... I can totally relate with the lyric... as many I'm sure could.

Quote from: Willie Wendon on April 13, 2011, 04:50:19 AMGreat listen Ken that will get a download when I get home. I need to play it on my system to do it justice. The drum arrangement and guitar playing are supurb. I'm curious, you mentioned the "obssession" with this song but do you ever feel guilty about playing your own material or if like me you think it's egotisical to actually like your own stuff. Sorry, I ramble (it's the age), nice one Ken...............Willie

I woldn't feel ashamed to listen to this one over and over. Be proud... play it till it's comming out your neighbors noses... tell em you wrote the damn song because of them.. not for them. Just kiddin... be nice.

BTW yes the guitar was exceptional... can't put my finger on the style... but I really dig the vibe.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

OsCKilO

Feeling this song big style!!

That guitar is Sublime!!!

Pitchy?   Where?  Vocal was Great!!  Fit the song perfect!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SwanSong

HI Hardlock
Well composed and executed. to me this has re guitar
a DIRE STRAITS flavor..but either way . u r a superb
guitar player and songwriter..big bump . best regards NEIL!

hardlock

Thanks everyone for the great words!  Really helps when I hear a true preformer rip me a new one and make me realize what a hack I am.  :D

Quote from: Willie Wendon on April 13, 2011, 04:50:19 AMI'm curious, you mentioned the "obssession" with this song but do you ever feel guilty about playing your own material or if like me you think it's egotisical to actually like your own stuff.

Willie, I actually enjoy hearing my songs and guitar playing once I get a song pretty much as I hear it in my head. 

Prior to getting beyond dinking on the guitar (3 years ago) I was at my best with air guitaring my favorite leads.  Now hearing something that sounds "real", always brings a smile to my face. 

Not at all an ego thing,,,, pride maybe or more just a sense of self achievement.

Singing however is a different subject entirely......  I have too good an ear not to hear when I'm singing something way flat for example once hearing what I recorded but yet it sounded fine in my head when I sung it..... :-[

Again, thanks everyone!  Now to hear go listen to what I've been missing here.  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Gnasty

Another spectacular Ken song! You have a great voice and i always enjoy how you throw in your guitar fills with no rules.

I really don`t see a dires straits resemblance in your style. You have it going your own way and i concur with you on obsession of a song. We all want to make our songs better and better but only we are as fixated. In the end, people just listen and like it or don`t like it.  This sounds great to me. :)

Nice job and great tune!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

lg

A really great song, and your vox is soft & sweet...
Your guitar licks are outstanding...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!