Soldano SLO clone Build in progress

Started by Wartime Novelty, April 05, 2011, 03:15:20 PM

Wartime Novelty

Hey guys i finally got around to isolating the cab properly and doing a quick recording.

http://soundcloud.com/wartime-novelty/test-1

This is the lead channel with the gain around 3/11

at just over talking volumes with JJ E34L in the power amp and Jan Phillips 5751 in v1 and JJ ecc83s in v2-5
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Flash Harry

Sweet holding Martha Farquhar.

That sounds fantastic. 

I have all the fender schematics somewhere, really simple stuff, I may even have the bass amp schematics, I'll have to have a look.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wartime Novelty

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 20, 2011, 03:47:23 PMSweet holding Martha Farquhar.

That sounds fantastic.  

Quote from: Flash HarryI have all the fender schematics somewhere, really simple stuff, I may even have the bass amp schematics, I'll have to have a look.

are you getting the DIY bug Harry?

Be careful with some of the schematics out there some of them are intentionally incorrect to stop cloning.

I think the fender ones are generally ok though.

Weber has some great layouts/schematics that are fairly accurate and get the vibe of the amp down very well.

They also do some extremely well priced kits
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Kevin Mammoth

recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Wartime Novelty

T.C. Elliott

Yeah, wanted to let you know that sounded wicked good. I'm not sure what I was expecting but that was killer.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Wartime Novelty

Thanks hopefully soon i will have the motivation to record something and mix it properly.

I have about 5 new songs that i've wrote but i just can't get the motivation or time to sit down and do a decent recording.

Also i will be fully documenting the next build if anyone would be interested in that sort of thing?

T.C. Elliott

I was interested at one time and began doing some research, but I don't have the knowledge or patience to build my own. I looked at the Weber kits, but I'd have to have someone a lot more knowledgeable than me help me select the right build and I'd need a kit with step by step instructions. The Webers look like they are less beginner friendly.

And not to fool myself, it would have to be pretty inexpensive and in the middle of winter before I'd actually tackle a project like that.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Wartime Novelty

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on August 21, 2011, 02:08:16 PMI was interested at one time and began doing some research, but I don't have the knowledge or patience to build my own. I looked at the Weber kits, but I'd have to have someone a lot more knowledgeable than me help me select the right build and I'd need a kit with step by step instructions. The Webers look like they are less beginner friendly.

And not to fool myself, it would have to be pretty inexpensive and in the middle of winter before I'd actually tackle a project like that.

What kind of amp are you looking for?

Some of the weber kits are pretty beginner friendly if you get the basics down.

The reason i will be documenting this is as a favour to Rob @ C3amps as he helped me a lot.

So i am going to take a lot of photos and create an online build guide bit by bit like the BYOC kits have

T.C. Elliott

That's super cool. Helping out like that is awesome.

I'd love an old bassman amp clone with reverb. Or a twin maybe? I've not got the basics down, though. It's been at least 5 years since I did my reading and I've not done much with electronics at all.

Thanks much, though. I really do want to hear another recording of your amp.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper