Soldano SLO clone Build in progress

Started by Wartime Novelty, April 05, 2011, 03:15:20 PM

Wartime Novelty

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 16, 2011, 01:43:01 PM
Quote from: Wartime Novelty on April 16, 2011, 01:04:36 PMhmm theyre all working fine at this end.

its pretty much useless without the pictures though i can try direct linking some if you want

Just replace "http://www.blog.infocus.ho8.com" in each picture's URL with "http://www.infocus.ho8.com/sloclone".

aye it was an error that happened during the wordpress update earlier today.

i've fixed everything now hopefully
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Geir

yes ! I can see them now !

WOW look really professional. Looking forward to hear the result !!

Crank it up to 11 when it's done and give us a taste of the beast !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wartime Novelty

I definitely shall do.

hoepfully it shouldn't be too long now i got an email with my tracking number for the transformers & choke. So say a week or so at best to get from chicago.

The 8 week wait time on the transformer build has been a killer. Damn high end equipment lead times.
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Wartime Novelty

Its been absolutely ages since ive been on here but i've got some finished pictures.

Im going to hopefully go over it all and rewire it this weekend and tidy it up.

i had one minor problem with the build that affected the channel switching.

I placed a 47k resistor where a 47R one should be and vice versa.

Not bad for what is apparently one of the most complex amps to build and i got it right first time minus the above issue.

Also this thing is super quiet its great.

I have a few clips but they arent the best so i will also do some decent ones this weekend too.

I hope all is well and now that work isn't so damn hectic i can get on with my second build.

Which will be the same but with some different capacitors in the power section with a really low ESR rating.

Also i am doing the 100w version this time with a black chassis & white headshell with black corners and the black grill still

Geir

That's awesome WN !!! Your an electric hero !!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wartime Novelty

Flash Harry

How sweet is that? Very tidy indeed. It's a shame you can't run it uncovered, I know from bitter experience what happens to gear on the road, regardless of how much care you take.

And now for the 100W!  Man you're ears will be ringing!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wartime Novelty

I've actually decided against the 100w as i dont need the extra headroom as this already has a ton and i cant justify an extra £100 on the transformers.

I shall post a full build log when i start the next one and also my modded jcm800 that im doing p2p

guitarron

absolutely stunning work-i bet she sounds as good as she looks-

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wartime Novelty

Thanks guys ill snap some internal shots tomorrow whilst i have it open.

Gonna do some experiementing with elevating the heaters and DC heaters.

There is a guy on another forum i visit who has done a very similar circuit using both of the above methods and has got the amp to be almostsilent on the OD channel with the MV & gain up full.

How i have it not it is already very minimal but i just cant help but experiment when its just a few resistors and a capacitor and is quickly and easily reversed