Soldano SLO clone Build in progress

Started by Wartime Novelty, April 05, 2011, 03:15:20 PM

Wartime Novelty

hey guys, it has been quite some time since i have really had time to post on any forums as i've been very busy with a few things, mainly work and band stuff.

however i have now started building a clone of a Soldano Super lead Overdrive clone.

Thought some people may have interest in this so i'd post it up

www.sloclone.tk
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Flash Harry

Looks like a very nice kit.

I used to make my own stuff, but it always looked like I'd made my own stuff, this looks professional and I wouldn't be embarrassed to use this in mixed company.

It will be good to know how it sounds when you have completed it.

Good post.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wartime Novelty

Hey Harry, it isnt really a kit as such and takes a fair bit of hopping around mouser,farnell, bluebell audio etc to get all the components.

Rob @ C3 amps has actually put together an extremely high quality kit though but it comes to about £1100 which is mental for a DIY project.

I have managed to source everything myself so far other than the chassis which i got from c3
(just got the transformers left now)

And its only come to £240 so far + £294 for the PT,OT & choke and it will be £534 for a almost 1:1 replica of the real SLO (but 50 watt) without spending £3000 on it.

Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

Ferryman

Impressive work. The guitarist in my band at University used to build his own amps and effects pedals, I'm always blown away by people that have the tal;ent to do this. Please post some stuff when it's done so we can hear it!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wartime Novelty

The easiest way to get into this kind of stuff are the BYOC kits.

They are so easy it should be criminal not to do it with the quality of the outcome and the price.

They have very clear step by step instructions with them and its virtually impossible to go wrong.

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wartime Novelty

Geir

Much better ... except the pictures won't show :( maybe some firewall thingy on my computer ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wartime Novelty

hmm theyre all working fine at this end.

its pretty much useless without the pictures though i can try direct linking some if you want

64Guitars

Quote from: Wartime Novelty on April 16, 2011, 01:04:36 PMhmm theyre all working fine at this end.

its pretty much useless without the pictures though i can try direct linking some if you want

Just replace "http://www.blog.infocus.ho8.com" in each picture's URL with "http://www.infocus.ho8.com/sloclone".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website