Just checking in

Started by Vanncad, April 05, 2011, 10:50:46 AM

64Guitars

Hi Vanncad. Nice to hear from you and congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts! It's been a month since you posted pictures of your studio construction. Got any up-to-date pictures of the progress for us? Those of us who have no hope of ever having a proper home studio are envious and would love to see what yours looks like now so we can dream of what it would be like. :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

lg

Hey Vann....Good to hear from you!!!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Vanncad

Thanks guys!

Damn 64!  -You just floored me  :o. I can't believe it has been a month since I posted that!

I have that room insluated, but that's about it.
I have to finish 2 other rooms before I get back to the "Studio". I will definitley post pictures as it progresses. Thanks for your interest.

I did buy one of these bad boys though. Staples had them on sale I guess about a month ago. Looks ike a great desk for holding monitors, mixer, etc.
Staples Eclipse Desk
I still haven't picked it up. I have absolutley no where to put it.

Hey BB - I love "Sheetrock Shuffle". You might have something there!

T - I will maybe try to do something on my ipod. My f***king mics aren't working again on my BR600, so it's pretty much useless for acoustic right now.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

FuzzFace

Quote from: Vanncad on April 06, 2011, 04:33:03 AMThanks for your interest.

This IS interesting.  Someday in the future (mid- to long-term) I also would like to have my own studio space...  so to see someone else doing it is inspiring.

Rata-tat-tat

Vann didn't realize you were building a studio also... I'm curious to see the similarities between our construction. I haven't posted any pics yet... I'm still waiting to get some trim up, but it looks like I'll never get to it. I have 2 bands waiting and a couple of colabs to knock out... Which are much more important to me than aesthetics. I'm the kinda guy that drives a vehicle until the wheels fall off... as long as it has a decent stereo loud enough mask all of the squeaks and rattles... all is good in my world. I did spend some time to do this right though (I think) LOL. I'll send ya a link when I get pics posted... maybe a little instructional to boot for those out there who are interested.

recorder
Tascam DP-02

AndyR

Good to hear from you Vann :)

I wish my reasons for slipping in and out of lurking were as constructive as yours!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

OsCKilO

iPod rules bro... do it!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Hey Vann, good to hear from you, you build studios faster than I produce music, so don't worry!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR