ISP switch.

Started by peterp, April 05, 2011, 08:34:00 AM

peterp

Moving ISP's and new one does not provide any personal web space.  >:(
So I need to find a home for my little sites music pages.

Any suggestions ?
I am considering the possibility of hanging it off a hidden  directory in our business site.  ;D

Old DSL ISP was reliable but the fastest speed we could get was 6-M/bs and they kept lowering the bandwidth cap, new contact would have had only 20Gb/month before extra charges kicked in.
New cable ISP is clocking in at 39-M/bs during the day, and gives a 125Gb/month transfer cap.
For a similar price.

Don't look forward to the hunt for all the places where the  e-mail addresses that will need to be updated.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

The only one that comes to mind is weebly.com. It's not ideal but it's free. It's more for the average web user who doesn't know HTML, etc. Weebly provides a drag and drop interface for building a web site. But you can also embed HTML within a page. For example, I created a jukebox page on my weebly site by embedding HTML.

You can have as many files as you want (unlimited storage space) but there's a limit of 5MB per file. That might be a problem if you have a lot of long songs or you want to use a high bitrate. But for most songs at 128kbps to 192kbps, it seems sufficient. For songs that exceed the limit, you could always upload them to FileDEN or alonetone, then link to them on your weebly page.

Other than that, you could try Googling "free web hosting". Or you could go with a pay host such as Bluehost for about $100 per year if you can justify the cost.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website