At The Edge of The Abyss – mr2kewl Original

Started by mr2kewl, April 03, 2011, 08:40:33 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: mr2kewl on April 07, 2011, 05:41:59 AMmy musical integrity was severly challenged by a person who claims to be a musician and it left me thinking that maybe this is something i'm not even supposed to be doing.

Tell Them T says they can go F*ck themselves bro....

I love your stuff!

You music is thought provoking even without words!

Right...

T's Coming to get them!!!

And this will be the soundtrack to it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Tony W on April 08, 2011, 08:41:20 AMI think it's safe to say that you beat to your own drum. I admire that you don't conform to a norm, and do exactly what you want to do musically. your arrangements always have a vastness to them, and that's pretty kewl in my book.

As far as anyone stifling your creativity or desire to express yourself.... That's pathetic. Nobody has the right to say that, and if they are under the impression that they do.... well they can go suck a shit covered

M2K... I think its safe to say everyone is in agreement. This one cracked me up. Hope all of these kind comments keep you on the right path.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

mr2kewl

yeah - i let this guy get in my head

funny thing is, our paths crossed with nothing to do with music,

but we had something musically in common.

"Free Jazz"

i guess points view are just matters of perspective.

anyway i did this index.php?topic=10860.msg145162#msg145162 as a question to my critics.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Kenneth

Quote from: mr2kewl on April 07, 2011, 05:41:59 AMmy musical integrity was severly challenged by a person who claims to be a musician and it left me thinking that maybe this is something i'm not even supposed to be doing.

I've been a huge fan of your music, ever since I heard it. Massive egos and "know it alls" go hand in hand with a huge percentage of musicians, so dont let it affect you in the least. Seriously.
Keep doing what you do, it's terrific!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Hey Mr2K, screw 'em. I'm no musician but I can produce some pretty good music. And so can you. Instruments are just tools to reproduce the sounds in our heads and what goes on in your head is pretty damn cool and sounds like music to dream by as far as I am concerned. I suspect the jazz world is probably more populated by up your backside musos than the rock world, so you are going to run into people like that. Keep doing what you love and producing really off the wall, atmospheric music.

This didn;t actually sound like it was too close to the abyss btw but the title drew me in. I really enjoyed the feel here and there is a nice edge to the drumming on this one.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

keep em copming mr2k but let the b's grind you down.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........