'The Octopus and I'

Started by Greeny, December 01, 2008, 02:31:29 AM

golespaul

Awesome work guys very Sgt Pepper and the vocal sounds like the alternate singer from Queens of the Stoneage.

Top shelf!!

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 01, 2008, 03:34:20 PMThis is becoming another fave! 

I love this collection that you're making. I'm gonna burn a CD if you don't mind. It's going in the car.

It's a real thrill to have some association with this work.

Cheers Tim.

Things have become a bit complicated on the album front, as I now have two albums of 12 songs almost finished: 'Elderflower & Midnight' and 'Dark Harvest'. I'm just waiting to put the latest collaborations in the right places on them, so they should be finished in the next couple of weeks. I've been switching tracks around between them to get the right mix of songs.

You'll be getting a proper burned and inlayed copy as you're playing on both of them!  :)

Oh... then there's the album of covers currently standing at 5 tracks, and I'm 4 tracks into writing the new album!

And all done on the BR.

Flash Harry

I had an hour's journey from Leeds to Sheffield today, I listened to the seven tracks I burned all the way through and then I listened to my fave tracks over and over. You have to be doing something special to prize me away from Jim Naughtie and Radio 4.

Cracking stuff Tim, there is a market for this stuff I'm sure.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 02, 2008, 02:34:50 AMthere is a market for this stuff I'm sure.

Where? Where?!  :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It kinda keeps me going...

Bluesberry

Bring it back, "On this day bump" all the way from 2 years ago to today in the blink of a cyber moment.

**********************This bad boy should be in ORIGINAL SONGS***********************

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

i was sure i commented on this one, dang, i have heard it numerous times as it often comes up on random play on my piepod. sorry for the late comment tim, hope they aren't working you too hard on the new job.

and bb i'll move it to originals.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

scottieD

Love it Greeny...even though Octopi scare me :'(  Great collab, so well played by you and Flash, great melody, super vocals,,,what's not to love? :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

pjd1

Your,s vocal just swtiches this song on and takes it to another level of brilliance !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Johnbee

WOW, Greeny!  You, Flash and the ORH have some chemistry between you for sure.   Almost everything I've heard from anyone associated with Jemima's Kite is outstanding in song, performance and perduction quality and this is no exception.  Love the use of the major 7 chords!
 :) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

stoman

You can be really proud of this song - and I'm sure your are!  :)

Back in the days of the Beatles you would have made a lot of money with such music. Too bad we don't hear that style very often nowadays ...

In other words: I love it! :)

Regards,
  Steffen