'The Octopus and I'

Started by Greeny, December 01, 2008, 02:31:29 AM

Greeny

07_TIM GREEN - the octopus and I_with Mike
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another Greeny & Flash Harry collaboration. As you can probably tell, we're on a bit of a roll at the moment  :)

This one veers slightly towards the psychedelic stuff I like. It's played on a standard takamine acoustic, with a couple of layers of Hofner electric thrown in. Flash Harry has added some lovely bass to underpin all the weirdness.

Bluesberry

WOW WOW WOW.  That is really profesional sounding.  Fab guitars on this one.  Great singing.  All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.
(What's the Octopus fascination/fixation/fetish anyway  :o , second song in a week with Octopus in it, just curious.  It does work with the whole black ink image).  WOW WOW WOW.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 01, 2008, 05:01:23 AMWOW WOW WOW.  That is really profesional sounding.  Fab guitars on this one.  Great singing.  All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.
(What's the Octopus fascination/fixation/fetish anyway  :o , second song in a week with Octopus in it, just curious.  It does work with the whole black ink image).  WOW WOW WOW.

Thanks!!!

Erm... yes... I like octopi. Part of it (musically at least) maybe the totally brilliant 'Octopus' by Syd Barrett. But I also like the visual aspect. It's not quite a full on fetish though! Although the Japanese do seem to go down that route  :D

I also like to paint them...  :)

'Octopus and Guitar'

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 01, 2008, 05:38:22 AMIs that your painting?

Yep. Not one of my best technically, but a personal favourite.

Bluesberry

You are saying that it is not one of your best.  Incredible, You have many, many talents.  Wouldn't it be nice to have that many arms sometimes when playing guitar.  Thanks for sharing your beautiful painting.  You paint like you write/sing your songs; complex, multi-layered, very colourful, a little psychedelic, deep and mysterious.  I can almost hear the music this little guy is making.  I bet he is playing DADGAD tuning  ;D.  Very cool stuff.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Thank you. That means a lot. Really  :)

And you're very perceptive about my painting being naturally entwined in my songwriting. They both come from the same colourful but complex / slightly off-kilter place. And you can't really categorize either of them, which is a problem in these days where everything has to be neatly pigeonholed for marketing purposes.

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on December 01, 2008, 05:42:49 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on December 01, 2008, 05:38:22 AMIs that your painting?

Yep. Not one of my best technically, but a personal favourite.

Awesome painting, Greeny! It'll make a great cover for your next album.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

This is becoming another fave! 

I love this collection that you're making. I'm gonna burn a CD if you don't mind. It's going in the car.

It's a real thrill to have some association with this work.

Cheers Tim.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

guitarron

I love that painting-
that's gonna be my desktop in a minute
Ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder