Latest bout of G.A.S. - 3/26/11

Started by Blooby, March 30, 2011, 05:56:30 AM

Blooby

I had a moment (two, actually) of weakness.  I was jamming with a guy last week who is raising money for a move to Hawaii, and I got a Hammond on the cheap. It sounds pretty non-wonky if you ask me. Great drawbar and Leslie sounds. The image below isn't mine but obviously similar.  Mine came with the original Hammond volume pedal.

If that weren't enough, I bought some tabla drums. Why?  I just don't know.

I don't blame myself. Rather, I blame the Internal Revenue Service for sending me a check this year.

Blooby

Geir

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* gotta fight it ... gotta fight it .. gotta fight it ..... *

nah ..... it's here

GAS attack !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

A hammond organ... oh my god... that's the sound I want... that's the sound I've always wanted! You lucky man. Hope to hear it in action. Even better, are you available for collabs with it?!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

dasilvasings

Looks really cool!

I had a GAS attack a couple of weeks ago, and bought a 1970/s italian organ for €15. Obviously it doesnt' work, but I'm keeping it til next holidays to check what's wrong with it. I'll post photos later.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Greeny on March 30, 2011, 06:20:47 AMAre you available for collabs with it?!

My playing is horrid.  I could hire out, though.  It's amazing what the keyboardists around here will do for a beer or two.

Blooby

SE

Gas to the max, look excellent, love that hammond sound, love to hear it in action.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

I have been drooling over a Hammond organ for a few years now...........one down at my local music store.......every time I go in I play it (badly)....thats the holy grail for organ tone man.....treat her with respect.........that is a beauty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_yfrD-kzuk

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

I'm right with you there bro'.

We all need a bit of hammond in our lives.

And a bit of Gibson and Fender and a bit of Rhodes and a bit of Bosendorfer.....

No one has the right to refuse a musical bargain. I can see that in a court of law you would be completely exonerated.

Solidarity. I'm there with you.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Where's the rest of it Blooby? It;s not a Hammond in my book unless you get a hernia trying to move it around (which is what happened to the keyboard player in my band that had one of the original ones!).

Looks good, bet it sounds great. Love those Leslie sounds. Nothing beats standing in front of a real leslie speaker, a kind of intermittent hairdryer!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR