new puter/audicity/microbr

Started by Stan, March 27, 2011, 11:40:33 AM

Stan

hi all
i just got a new Dell puter, and i'm trying to use the MicroBR on it with Audicity3.1,
the issue i'm having is that Audicity or my computer is not recognizing the MicroBR, therefore when i play guitar thru the MicroBR hooked up to the mike in jack in puter i get absolute NO sound or any acknowledgement of any kind in Audicity

any idea's or help would be appreciated
cheers
stan

Geir

I don't know what operating system you use Windows 7?

Anyway you'll have to make sure you've selected the "mike in jack" as you're recording input. Right-click the speaker icon in your task-bar and select input unit (I think). Someone with windows 7 can probably give a better answer.

Or you can do like most of us do. Record it on your MicroBR, and transfer the recorded track to the puter with BR wave converter. (downloadable from the roland site) and then open the file in Audacity.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Stan

thanks for reply, ended up being a computer hardware issue which is resolved now :)

latency...........................i have some.....................any idea's

it occurs when playing thru microBR into computer i hear a bit of a lag in the sound.............hmmmm? ? ?

Geir

latency .... get a new soundcard ... or better... get a BR800 and use that as a soundcard ;D

I don't know much about soundcards, but there may be some buffer settings you can tweak that may or may not help ... others, I'm sure, have more knowledge in this area than me!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800