Benefit night for St Josephs' Hospice

Started by OsCKilO, March 27, 2011, 06:53:38 AM

OsCKilO

Hi Guys

My wife Liz is holding a benefit night for St Josephs' Hospice in Hackney, London.

My Friend Dave Weaver and Liz's Grand Mother spent their last days there, after their battles with cancer.

St Josephs Hospice exists to help people live life to the full, to the very last. It has been enhancing lives, easing pain and bringing comfort and laughter for over a hundred years to those suffering from life limiting illnesses.

St Joseph's broad range of services enriches the lives of patients and their families from the diverse communities of east and north-east London. St Joseph's is available to all those who can benefit from it; we work to meet all the needs of our patients, including those which reflect their ethnic, cultural or religious heritage. All services are provided free.

Most importantly, they make it a little bit easier to say goodbye....

We are holding the night on the 14th of April 2011 (See Flyer for details).

I know we are all around the world on this site, but should any of y'all be passing London on the day please pop in and say hello!

Here is a Link to the "Just Giving" Page liz has set up.

http://www.justgiving.com/Liz-Mokbul

The money goes straight to the charity.

A big THANK YOU to Diego for contributing a very generous sum!!!!!!!  You Rule Bro!

If anyone would like any dedications read out on the night for people you have lost , please let me know and I will read them out.

Peace all

Tharek
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Great idea. You reminded me of a song I ought to finish.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Good luck with this.  I spent a lot of time early last year in a hospice here in Sydney with my aunty.  I simply can't speak highly enough of the staff at hospices.  They are nothing short of Saints. 
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

cuthbert

Quote from: Migs on March 27, 2011, 05:22:29 PMI simply can't speak highly enough of the staff at hospices.  They are nothing short of Saints. 

I second that.

Wonderful cause, and best of luck with the benefit T, family, & friends!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand