Song Challenge For All

Started by psychmusic, November 29, 2008, 07:44:11 AM

psychmusic

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

While I was out for a jog this morning I was thinking of an idea for this site. I find it helpful in my music if I have a challenge so I would like to make this proposal.

I would like to challenge all of us to write or cover a song this month.  Maybe we can all pick one topic and do a song on that topic. For instance, I have been interested in songs about trains for some reason this month (I was thinking of doing a country versioin of Crazy Train to the tune of Crazy by Willy Nelson). I am open to other suggestions too. Anyone else have any good ideas.

Bluesberry

I just posted a new original song yesterday, does that count. ;).  For me personally, I am very new to this songwriting thing.  I have written a total of 3 songs in my life, all within the last 3 months after getting the MicroBR.  I find that I can't turn it on or off.  The song just suddenly hits me one day and then I am off and spend the rest of the week working on it until it is done.  I am not sure I have another one in the can so soon after just finishing one.  But I am sure that some of the other guys on here could have 5 or 6 great songs in a month.  If I come up with another original in the next month I will certainly post it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

i was thinking about holidays so i posted "ive never been to benidorm"
and if the sun should fail to rise against my