Supper's Ready

Started by Oldrottenhead, November 28, 2008, 07:48:14 PM

Oldrottenhead

does anyone have a backing track for suppers ready i have a midi its ore lidl than woolies that poor

Update 24 Mar 2011: Here's the finished song as posted further down the topic. Just wanted to have it up here in the top message.
More comments on this song can be found here.
 - 64Guitars

Supper's Ready
Vocals by oldrottenhead
MIDI file backing
Time:
0:00
Volume:

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 28, 2008, 07:48:14 PMdoes anyone have a backing track for suppers ready i have a midi its ore lidl than woolies that poor

I have a midi file too. I'm not sure if it's the same one you have but it sounds okay when I play it through my Yamaha keyboard. If the arrangement's acceptable but you don't like the sound of the instruments, I'd be happy to record it from my Yamaha and send you an MP3. There's a vocal melody on channel 3 in a cheezy oboe voice, but I just switch that channel off to produce a reasonably good backing track.

Check out the attached midi file, then let me know if you want me to send you an MP3 of it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteCheck out the attached midi file, then let me know if you want me to send you an MP3 of it.
thanks 64 guitars i have that midi file already, is a good version too, might put it into cubase and try and pep it up and have a go at it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

QuoteCheck out the attached midi file, then let me know if you want me to send you an MP3 of it.

If you wouldn't mind 64 guitars, I would love to have this on MP3.  I have been working on  learning the beginning guitar part for some time now and would love to have this to play along with.  Don't you just love old Genesis.  Their music was religious in its intensity.  Not too shabby for a bunch of kids just out of school. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 30, 2008, 06:40:14 AMIf you wouldn't mind 64 guitars, I would love to have this on MP3.  I have been working on  learning the beginning guitar part for some time now and would love to have this to play along with.  Don't you just love old Genesis.  Their music was religious in its intensity.  Not too shabby for a bunch of kids just out of school. 

I made two versions. One is complete with the vocal melody played using an oboe voice, and the other has the vocal melody removed.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

sounds great 64,  think im going to have to clear  and back up my sd card to make room for it lol. wow 26.2mb think if i get this done, will need to post it on a bit torrent sire lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 30, 2008, 01:41:58 PMsounds great 64,  think im going to have to clear  and back up my sd card to make room for it

Preferably, not in that order.   ;)

Quotewow 26.2mb think if i get this done, will need to post it on a bit torrent sire lol.

Yes, it's a big one! As a rule of thumb, MP3s are usually about 1MB per minute and this song is about 23 minutes long, so that's about right. The wave files I exported from the BR are 232MB. That fits with another rule of thumb -- MP3s are usually about 1/10th of the size of the wave files they come from, or wave files are usually about 10MB per minute.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

just had a run through, my goodness, 4 a1 sheets for lyrics and i think st peter goes through as many octaves, my pipes aint what they used to be when i was about 14 i could sing this pitch perfect, now im heading inexorably closer to my half century i think it might be out of my reach, will record the bits i can do , then for the hard bits i think i will get totally pissed and with that dutch courage in me i'll go for it lol. might take about a year to finish tho. thanks muchly 64guitars your a gent
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

have just finished in the process of mastering will probably take about an hour to master, bloody big file probably have to shrink to 56kbps to get it 0n here lol, then mibbes i wont sound too bad lol
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

shrunk it to 56kbps and its still 9.6kb
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann