Firefox 4 now available

Started by 64Guitars, March 23, 2011, 12:42:58 PM

64Guitars

The Firefox 4 web browser is now available and has had over 6 million downloads in the first day, surpassing the 2.35 million downloads of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 in its first 24 hours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/8400657/Firefox-4-doubles-Internet-Explorer-9-downloads-in-first-24-hours.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2382459,00.asp

Click the following image for a really cool web page that shows the current download count in real time (over 9 million as I write this).

I'll probably start using some features of HTML5 for the Songcrafters website in the not-too-distant future, so it's important for members to have an up-to-date browser like Firefox 4 that supports HTML5. If you're a diehard Microsoft fan, you can use Internet Explorer 9 which also supports HTML5. However, in typical Microsoft marketing evil, Windows XP users will have to upgrade (or should that be downgrade?) to Vista or Windows 7, as IE9 does not support XP (which is currently the most popular operating system in the world). Firefox 4 works just fine with XP, so it's the best browser for XP users, in my opinion. Of course, Firefox also works great on Windows 7, Vista, Mac, Linux, and even your phone.

You can download Firefox 4 here:  http://www.mozilla.com/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

I can tell it's popular - I'm downloading it at about 9 KB/s!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

I downloaded it earlier today.... all things forum are good. That's all I really cared about.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Is it my imagination or is F4 loads faster? Very good!! Cheers 64...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i'm thinking that too henny, it seems bloody fast as flip.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Songcrafters definitely appears to load faster, but my site sure as hell doesn't. I'm going to have to take notes from 64Guitars.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I haven't noticed an increase in Songcrafter's site speed yet, but I'm using Firefox 4 on Mac right now. I'll try it on Windows later today.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

henwrench

After doing a wee bit of classic 'surfing', there ain't no doubt in my mind that this thing is way faster. Woo-hoo...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

classic surfing is that a euphenism for art  ;) ;)
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann