'Brotherhood of the Grape' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, March 21, 2011, 02:40:43 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEn_Brotherhood of the Grape
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FaBFest (banner image missing)

Inspired by the (brilliant) John Fante novel 'The Brotherhood of the Grape'. Fante is a great writer, and anyone who likes / gets Bukowski will go for him in a big way. As Buk himself said: 'Fante is my God'.

Quite a simple & unassuming song really. Just an ode to drinking with a bit of harmony. All done on the MBR with 12 & 6 string acoustics, telecaster and bass.

Cheers!  :D

Oldrottenhead

a monday and a drop of the green stuff, lovely harmonies on this one tim, i love Bukowski so i must have a look at this guy.

braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 21, 2011, 02:51:18 AMa monday and a drop of the green stuff, lovely harmonies on this one tim, i love Bukowski so i must have a look at this guy.

braw tell yer maw.

Cheers big fella. Start with his book 'Ask the Dust'... you won't be disappointed!

thetworegs

Brilliant lyrics....love the vocal and the harmonies ....great song for Monday the sunny day in spring

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

ahhh yes .... Green monday !!

This is brilliant !!

This is just what I needed on a sober week :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

henwrench

Quite simply, another belter that contains all the right ingredients to make a Greeny classic. Bang on.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

Very nice song!

Thumbs up for the vocal harmonies!!!!

Hey! Did I already mentioned thumbs up for vocal harmonies?!?!

But what i really dig is the bass part! Yor bass parts are always melodic gems! Pleasure!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Sounds like pure Green Grapes...Those harmonies are off the map!...Mondays suck but Greeny Mondays Rule!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

fenderbender

top class
ohhh sxxxittt the harmonies are just so perfect
top shelf
recorder
Boss BR-800