"How many times?" a Geir original

Started by Geir, March 19, 2011, 07:40:05 AM

Geir

It's a mad world indeed !

Thanks for the comments guys.

A bit more info for the interested:
* Acoustic guitar played twice, recorded plugged in (GUITAR-P61:Natural), panned full left/right
* One electric guitar run through a modified (added some distortion) wah-bass-patch (GUITAR-P72:TWahFUNK) 25 left or so
* One electric guitar with heavy whammy-bar abuse through a modded guitar-patch (GUITAR-P03:ERUPTING I think) almost centered ( 5-10 right I think).
* "Jazz Organ" from my old Technics piano run through a line-in rotary-patch (LINE-P:08 ROTARY.
* Bass, patch GUITAR-P71:4BandLMT
* Vocal recorded dry with Behringer B2 pro, but processed through a tweaked MICROPHONE-P01:Rock vocal patch

Mastered with mastering effect P03:Live Mix

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 19, 2011, 10:46:06 AM
Quote from: chip withrow on March 19, 2011, 10:09:46 AMAbsolutely brilliant! The way you mix tracks is awe-inspiring.
You must have bloody big ears Geir......and you know what they say about big ears.....
well .. yeah ... but I'll shut my big mouth and not say anything ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

HOW MANY TIMES can I be blown away by another fantastic Geir song?! Lol.

Brilliant swing and swagger, and another superb performance. A daunting subject, but you made something special out of it. The sound clips add to the ambience perfectly.

dasilvasings

I've also been depressed with TV lately. Great song, love teh way you put a lead guitar in the back - seriously - there is something going on and we need to focus on it. The organ sounds really well.

Cheers!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I downloaded this to piepod when you posted and went away for the weekend not really knowing what ii was about..Now i feel it even more. That mood swing and is it your ibanez doing those crazy ass wicked leads?

This blows me away Geir...Absolutely Stellar!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Mach

Excellent songwriting and performance Geir. Production is top notch.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Touching subject. fantastic performance, and I really dig the production on this. The panned acoustic is not something I normally pick up, but I thought it was fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Thanx guys !! Comments much appreciated !!

Quote from: Gnasty on March 22, 2011, 05:15:08 PMI downloaded this to piepod when you posted and went away for the weekend not really knowing what ii was about..Now i feel it even more. That mood swing and is it your ibanez doing those crazy ass wicked leads?
Thanx Eric, and it can be interpreded in many ways I guess ... my songs often have more than one source of inspiration .... I did recently read "The Road" ....

And yes, that's my Ibanez 7-string that does the lead in the background
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Two years ago today since the tragedy.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

This is brilliant! Very trippy track. I haven't heard this before...well bumped, hook!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR