Reg is off to Neverland

Started by thetworegs, March 15, 2011, 07:01:13 AM

cuthbert

Hi Reg,

I noticed the player wasn't working. Edit: And I got it all wrong!  >:(

[singlemp3]http://alonetone.com/thetworegs/tracks/the-journey-to-neverland.mp3?referer=download[/singlemp3]

In alonetone's player, you can right-click the download button link and get the correct url for our singlemp3 widget. Make sure to paste between the brackets, and NOT after the equals sign which is another widget behavior that I confused.

Unless you like the Bare Naked Ladies...  :D

cheers,
cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thetworegs

I'll try again cheers Cuthbert,Dave
Time:
0:00
Volume:

.......The Journey to Neverland......Reg is trying to find escape from all the bad news surrounding him, his age, his life, the world as a whole, He needs to escape he can not do anything to help the suffering people of the world apart from maybe send money, he can't change this flow of continual bad news. He needs escape!! Where can he go?......Ah Hah!!! He has it he's of to Neverland nothing bad ever happens in Neverland..............Well as long as your not Captain Hook.........That is... the place you can escape to and you don't need anything to do it apart from yourself........Neverland.

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Hahahahahahaha....barenaked ladies.....WTF.....Reg, thats hillarious man.....how did you do that?  Help me escape the Barenaked ladies....

OK back to normal......hooo hooo you made me spit out my coffee Reg, I first hit play and got the Barenaked Ladies....is working now....hahahahahaha, thanks for the laugh (I'm at work and needed that).....your player is working now.   I don't think Cuthberts method works, you have to copy the actual mp3 link which comes from the Direct Download Link window over on Alonetone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Didja bring the beans? Cuthbert needs his beans...  ;)

Sorry for the mixup, Reg! I corrected my correction.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

I see that you've got it sorted out. But just to clarify the usage and add some additional information....

Quote from: cuthbert on March 16, 2011, 09:45:27 AMI noticed the player wasn't working. When using the mp3 widget, paste the url to your file directly after the equals sign, like this:

[singlemp3=http://alonetone.com/thetworegs/tracks/the-journey-to-neverland][/singlemp3]

Actually, that's inaccurate. The URL goes between the tags, not after the equal sign. And the equal sign version of the [singlemp3] tag is now obsolete since I removed the title display from the MP3 player. The title should be displayed with the [song] tags instead. See this message:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10542.msg140942#msg140942

So, your example should actually look like this:

[singlemp3]http://alonetone.com/thetworegs/tracks/the-journey-to-neverland.mp3?referer=download[/singlemp3]

You can get the URL from alonetone by right-clicking on the download button to the right of the song.

With the song title and writer credits added via the [song] tags, it looks like this:

[song=The Journey To Neverland]words and music by thetworegs[/song]

...and the result looks like this:

The Journey To Neverland
words and music by thetworegs
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Was that you making me hear the Barenaked Ladies Cuthbert?   Get out of my head man............... I see dead people now......the walls are all becoming transparent.....

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Sorry Reg, we have totally messed up this very important thread of yours with all this stuff.  Back to the music.......damn fine........damn fine.......I am still laughing about hearing the Barenaked Ladies............oops, derailed again....back to the song.........damn fine.....

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

I`m the one messed up!! Which one do i listen to? Tell me Reg or Reg? Trevor? BB?

That is quite a low voice you have going. A real throat cracker..

Great short song with lots going on!..Great work!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Well, I've read the entire thread, and listened to two tracks... was that all of them?! :D

Both brilliant.

I like Reg is off to Neverland for it's Tom Waits-y-ness. I love the journey though, it's brilliant.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chip withrow

Hipster cool - love that flute sound. Piano sounds like Dr John a bit - so does the vocal. I heard this and recalled a bar in Greenwich Village called the Mondo Cane - stumbled into it and heard some twisted blues way back in '87. Your stuff really speaks to me.