Reg is off to Neverland

Started by thetworegs, March 15, 2011, 07:01:13 AM

thetworegs

Neverland
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I found this tune with no words, so, i put Reg in the cellar last night to see what would happen .......well......There he  was. Reg got himself on a Bender alone. He was sitting at the bar talking to himself as he normally does at that time of the evening and happen to get into conversation with J. M. Barrie a  bit of a ding dong was created. They disagreed on something about going too far......they argued into the night...........but they left together........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Kenneth

It's a wonderful world, and a cool song to go in that world!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

thetworegs

What i should explain is that i am trying write a kind of (Musical) about Reg. My real name is Trevor, Hi!. Well, Reg is not just a personality, he is a part of all of us, there is an empathy in our minds that is partial to a nice bit of Reggyness now and again and that is what i am trying to tap into. The stuff i have put up on alonetone and have now started to upload here, is a way of me testing the material out to see what works, approach,music etc. .I'm slowly working my way to a script. For those who don't know Reg, he lives in Sheffield with reg(During the process we are always guessing if the other reg exists or is Reg just a schizophrenic). Reg is a bit of a ladies man falling in and out of love at the drop of a hat. He is either head over heels or depressed because she's just left him.
It also happens that Elvis is not dead, but took to living in thetworegs cellar and since Elvis has lived there word has spread like wild fire and Elvis's old and new friends come to visit him there. So the cellar has turned into a bit of a nightclub with thetworegs as the management. Louis Armstrong is a frequent visitor, Bon Scott has been down, Niel Diamond, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Captain Beefheart &  Frank Zappa just to mention a few are all frequent visitors and they always get jamming with Reg coming up with some little ditty. Some of the songs make sense some make no sense at all but all have a sense of occasion about them...because nothing in Reg's life is perfect, why should his music be any different.i just thought i needed to explain...Reg to you all...

Bluesberry

And Reg to you too......I absolutly love these explorations of Reggyness....there is indeed a bit of Reg in all of us.  Keep on the Reg path....you are definately onto something here......go Reg go....this is more than just writing songs, hanging out in a dark cellar, keeping Elvis propped up in his chair....this is a spritual quest

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

I've seen the light..............i've seen the light, Brother..................Can someone shut the door Please..........

Pipes

...iv thoroughly been Reggie-fied with this one...

Regs rules  OK!

cheers
Nick

cuthbert

Is that you down there, Satchmo? Surreally cool song, Reg...erm, Trevor!  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

Reg's cellar is a lovely place it seems ....

and this is a wonderful song !!

love it Trevor !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Black Mary

Reg is my new hero. Wow what a guest list. What a guy & what a songsmith. That is one lig I wouldn't mind being at. Every time he creates, he is striking gold. Brilliant song. ;D
kingliggermusic

Oldrottenhead

inspirational cellar tunes or should i say stellar. sounds like tom waits sneaked in too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann