Started by hardlock, March 10, 2011, 09:51:38 PM

hardlock

01_INSOT
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one was inspired by a tune here called "Aun esta en Mi":

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10292.0

I had so much fun jamming to it I sort of copied the chords (best I could figure them out) and made a backing track (available on request).

The resultant noodled lead grew on me (better as it goes alone) that I didn't have the heart to hack it up so sorry for the long song.  I also added a short vocal chorus to make it a "real" song since I couldn't sing it in the key it was in....  

I did punch-in over a couple lead mistakes that you can hear due to the fact that I couldn't remember the exact MBR effects settings used for the original lead.  Oh well, that'll teach me to take notes........  

All comments always welcome!

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Redler

Just a fabulous song, mr. hardlock! Very laid back music and your smooth voice fits well on this! The guitar licks are awesome. Long song...? Not at all. I'm on my second listening, now... Great post!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Ken, I loved it from beginning to end. You're one hell of a drummer turned guitarist.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

I always love your songs...great sounds from the chords you play and your lead is so flowing and naturally soulful..

Great listen!! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Damn, you sound a lot like Phish! It also brings me back to the days when Jerry was still alive and there were a lot of bands trying to emulate that vibe. Those hot summer days in the venue parking lot where a $6 can of Pepsi was gold!

Now I want back the piece of crap '77 Dodge Monaco that I torched the roof off because I couldn't afford a convertible...

Love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

hardlock

Wow, thanks everyone for the great comments!  They really are apprechiated!

Also, here's the link to a collab of this tune where ORH was nice enough to add the magic of his usual great lyrics and vocals!  Thanks much James!  It's a whole new song now!

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10587.0

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

Fantastic playing....I could listen to your beautiful guitar all day Mr.lock....vocals sound really good

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand