Ron Sexsmith Love Shines

Started by Simon M, March 09, 2011, 08:00:20 AM

Simon M

Don't know if anyone in the UK caught this on BBC4 on Friday night, but this is a really good documentary.  I was not familiar with Rons' work before this but will be going to buy his latest. Some great scenes in the studio working up his songs with his producer and some great intimate performances.  He is a TRUE songcrafter, and I recommend if you have a little time to spare you give it a try.  Still be on iplayer until Friday.

Cheers

Simon

Oldrottenhead

i missed it, but i saw him on the songcrafters circle with fran healy and graham gouldman, all three where awesome
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I saw both the documentary and the incredible songwriters circle afterwards. Lots of credit to BBC4 for putting on such brilliant programmes. Poor old Ron... I have a feeling nothing would ever make him happy. He's like a lost child. But such beautiful songwriting. It was so sad to hear that Warners rejected the album for being too indie, and the indie labels rejected it for being too mainstream (i.e. overproduced). He can't win.

It looked as if Gouldman and Healy were a bit in awe of him on that little stage. But I have to say, the highlight for me was Graham Gouldman doing 'I'm not in love'. Wow!

Oldrottenhead

yeah im not in love was stunning
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

yeah im not in love was stunning
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann