Songcrafters down between 10pm and 5am MST

Started by Flash Harry, March 08, 2011, 05:15:30 PM

Flash Harry

Hello All

Songcrafters site will be down at some point between 10pm and 5am MST today 8th March 2011 through 9th March 2011.

This is very short notice. Our hosting company gave us little notice and really not enough to my mind.

Be assured that this is a temporary outage while the service is moved to their new data centre and providing they don't screw up we will be back on air.

See you all on the other side.

Cheers

Mike.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Thanks, Mike.

In case anyone's wondering what MST is in their own time zone, here are some examples:

Start   End
PST 9:00 PM 4:00 AMVancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles
MST    10:00 PM    5:00 AMProvo, Utah
EST12:00 AM 7:00 AMNew York, Maine, Ontario
AST 1:00 AM 8:00 AMNew Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I.
GMT 5:00 AM12:00 PM    London, Leeds, Glasgow
CET 6:00 AM 1:00 PMNorway, France, Germany, Italy
WST 1:00 PM 8:00 PMWestern Australia

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gritter

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 08, 2011, 06:08:05 PMThanks, Mike.

In case anyone's wondering what MST is in their own time zone, here are some examples:

Start   End
MST    10:00 PM     5:00 AMProvo, Utah
GMT 5:00 AM12:00 PM    London, Leeds, Glasgow

and CST: 11pm - 6am: Winnipeg, Chicago, Houston, Mexico City

Tony W

1 hour 15 minutes, time to go on a download frenzy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Yep, I'm wondering is this finished or... or am i just dreaming that I'm typing? :D

Thanks for the warning though...

(I'm meant to be starting work anyway!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Seems like something happened to the site. I`m seeing the latest songs jukebox has no cursor and boxes are screwing up a bit!! Is this from the shutdown i totally missed?

I do like the new look though. :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

By "cursor" I assume you mean the mouse pointer. It's working for me. Does anyone else have a missing mouse pointer in the Latest Songs jukebox?

As for boxes screwing up, can you post some screenshots?

Adobe issued a Flash update recently that has caused some people problems. For instance, some people found that, after updating to the latest Flash, YouTube videos wouldn't play anymore. Have you updated your Adobe Flash recently? Our jukeboxes use Flash so that might explain the missing mouse pointer.

Which web browser are you using? Try a different one to see if the problem is only with one browser.

I'm fairly certain that the temporary shutdown at Bluehost last night has nothing to do with the problems you're experiencing. It's probably Adobe Flash, although there's a small chance that it could be something I've done. I've been making some very minor changes to the look of the site.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

AndyR

64 - the website appearance changed slightly for me on my laptop only. This was about a week, maybe two at the most, ago.

The width of the page is now too big for the laptop screen and I always have to scroll right-wards to read the right-hand edge of posts, see the "Jump to:" go button etc.

The laptop is the oldest thing I run on, but it is the one I use most for "Andrew's musical activities". On my wife's PC it's fine, as it is on this work PC I'm using at the moment. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron something or other from about 6 years back, and I'm using IE (not sure which number). I can get you more details later if you want, just give a shout.

I regarded it as no big deal when it happened. But seeing your post makes me think I perhaps ought to let you know - even if it turns out that you can't cater for us chaps that insist on using kit until it actually dies and crumbles into dust! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Geir

Don't notice anything different .. I think ... didn't notice it was down .... I think  .... well maybe I did ... not a big problem at least ...

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 08, 2011, 06:08:05 PMThanks, Mike.

Start   End
MST    10:00 PM     5:00 AMProvo, Utah
GMT 5:00 AM12:00 PM    London, Leeds, Glasgow

AM ?? ....... PM ?? ...... is that some kinda ancient way of telling time ? Like they used to measure length in feet and weight in stones ???

;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........