"Ellen's Smile" Original

Started by Johnbee, March 04, 2011, 08:24:38 PM

Greeny

The extended intro is so wistful and beautiful. There are some lovely melodies weaving in and out as it gradually builds towards the vocal. And man, what a vocal! This sounds like a classic 70's love song. It's an incredible and wonderfully crafted piece of work. WOW.

Ferryman

A lovely song John, beautifully composed and arranged. It sounds great and it obviously was a "labour of love". I really like the long intro and the way it builds, that works very well. Great job!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Andy, Tim & Nigel-
Thanks so much!  Labor of love?  Yes.  Absolutely!

:) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

SwanSong

Wonderful and lovely song beautfiul lyrics and vox.
well deserved bump to the top best regards NEIL

Johnbee

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

Spiritsong

What a beautiful love song, really enjoyed listening.
Thanks for sharing.

Johnbee

-Duke Ellington

Oldrottenhead

playing catch up, really enjoyed this one the music is cinematic could imagine this playing out at the end titles of a romantic movie. like andyr i was wondering when the vocals where going to arrive but when they did they lifted the song further, remindeds me of christopher cross.

i hope the good lady enjoyed it . and in your pic you look remarkably like roger powel the keyboard player from todd rundgrens utopia, you have his looks and talent.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnbee

Thanks so much for listening, ORH!

:) JB

-Duke Ellington

stoman

This is a pretty ballad and a wonderful demonstration of love. Nice piano playing and lead vocal. Reminds me of Dan Fogelberg.

Regards,
  Steffen