Ip Man

Started by Halem, March 03, 2011, 04:16:24 PM

Ferryman

Indeed, this is a damn fine piece of work. Full of dynamic changes that create different atmospheres, a wonderful Eastern feel to it, magnificent in its scope and very, very well executed. The vocals are wonderful, the whole thing sounds like it came straight from a big production movie.

Brilliant, very well done indeed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Incredible. The hard work put into this really shows. This is huge!

Geir

yep a FMGWABP is in place here !!!

This is fabulous !!!!

A fantastic piece of music  !

and please do tell ... how did you record this ? what gear did you use ... and who's singing ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

THIS IS F*%KIN EPIC!!!

What a production!!! Great skills here Halem!!...Love It!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Halem

Thanks for the comments friends, really appreciated!

Quoteand please do tell ... how did you record this ? what gear did you use ... and who's singing ?
My only gear is Rode NT2A mic and Zoom R24 recorder, which i use as audio interface with a cubase on laptop.  I record flamenco guitar and vocals with a mic, electro and bass guitars are played straight into laptop through r24 and processed with Izotope Thrash and Ampeg SVX amp modelers. Then i write drums in Addictive Drums plugin, and at last arrange everything with strings, i use East-West Symphonic Orchestra for this, cause there orchestral sections(first violins, second violins, altos, violas etc.) are separated and you can create a really convincing illusion of orchestra with panning and processing each part separately, instead of using just a simple "strings" pad. That's all, i think.

The singer is my friend, her name is Stasya, she finished local conservatory recently, so she's really easy to work with. I think I'll do more recordings with her soon.

Kenneth

killer song, what a wonderful listen that was.
The vocals are stunning, the whole thing is stunning, nice work.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

launched

Holy sh*t this rules, bro! I love it!

Pro and an awesome listen!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase