Stumped instrumental

Started by Gu Djin, March 03, 2011, 12:57:13 PM

Gu Djin

Stumped
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Like Geir, I have been in Lurker mode for a while.  You know the sort of thing.  Life??  But I have been lending an ear to what's going on.  However just to let you know I still have a pulse.  Here is a little easy going instrumental.  

All tracks played straight through, hence the bloops, but I prefer this version to the more precise ones I did.  No Punch in , just a little mixing  All guitar is a Telecaster. The bass was an acoustic Dean Bass.  Just fun.  

The title.  Well I was watching the Ashes while working this up and I was stymied for a title - and then came up with stumped - for those who don't know it's "cricketing" term.  Accompanies by a shout of "Howzat" and icy looks, or jubilation depending on the umpires decision.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

listening to this on tiny pc speaker cant wait to hear it on headphones, i can hear lots of nuances in the background but hard to pick them out on these speakers. really enjoying what i hear tho, i think its really suited for adding a vocal to. magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

Ha ha I wouldn't mind hearing a vocal over this Jim.  Though I can't imagine what it would be like - feel free.  I have several other tracks that I put down for songs, but my voice is just is not up to it at the minute, due to a succession of colds and sore throats  Roll on summer.

I have another song which I will put up, which I think would even challenge your vocal talents.  Thinks?   Naw!  Maybe?  Yes! I'll put it up now before I forget and while I have a few minutes.

Thanks jim.  See Dangerous Streets.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

at work now but will see wot i can do
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

I love the collab version, but this is just so cool on its own.

I don't know whether it was your intention but it sounds like a deliberate attempt to play at least one song over another. Excellent vibe, I can see why orh went for it vocal-wise.

EDIT: Actually, forgot to say, I'm about to start watching the Ashes - my missus got the DVDs for me birthday. We haven't got cable/satellite, so I only heard it on the radio, looking forward to it... :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

mr2kewl

more un-cut magic!!!

off to listen to the collab.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Tony W

such a mellow feel good piece Leigh. I enjoyed it throughout.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Love the instrumental as well as the collab, you created something quite different and unique here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

Thanks all for the comments on this.  With ORH doing the vocal I sort of lost track of this.

Pleased you enjoyed

AndyR: hope you enjoyed the dvd of the ashes and just hope the one dayers didn't spoil it for you.

Your comment of two different tunes is actually quite apt - and is something I try to do when I work up a song.  Not a deliberate attempt to play two entirely different things - but and accompaniment that contrasts with the lead or melody.  Sometimes it's a rhythmic,or as on  this occasion a counter melody/accompaniment. 

It's just the way I hear songs in my head.  I don't wish to know what that signifies - thank you.  I just enjoy myself.  Laughs, Lol., Stupid looking smiley.

He He

Leigh