Soundclick question

Started by FuzzFace, March 01, 2011, 01:11:51 PM

FuzzFace

Is there a way to post something in Soundclick that you wish to only share with 1 or 2 people (for example when doing a collab) without the rest of the Soundclick world hearing it?

I put a half-baked demo up and now it's on the charts.

Gritter

I don't know Fuzz. The charting however, seems random and has no rhyme or reason. Personally I'm not a fan of Soundclick. The ads are frickin annoying as are the genres and sub genres.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on March 01, 2011, 01:29:46 PMI don't know Fuzz. The charting however, seems random and has no rhyme or reason. Personally I'm not a fan of Soundclick. The ads are frickin annoying as are the genres and sub genres.

Ok.

So then my question is, what is a good way to send someone an audio stream that is meant solely for the recipiant?

And my 2nd question, Gritter, what is your lady friend in the backseat wearing?

64Guitars

For that type of collab work, I think SkyDrive is a good place to upload your files. They give you 25GB of space for free. If you already have a WindowsLive, HotMail, or Messenger account, then you already have access to SkyDrive. If not, then you can sign up for free.

http://skydrive.live.com/

You can also control access to each file or folder separately. So, for example, you could have one folder that anyone in the world can access, and another folder that only you and your collab buddies could access.

The one major drawback with SkyDrive is that they keep changing the URLs of your files so that you can't hotlink to them. That prevents you from uploading an MP3 file there and linking to it in a Songcrafters post using our [singlemp3] tags. If you want to do that, I'd recommend alonetone.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on March 01, 2011, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: Gritter on March 01, 2011, 01:29:46 PMI don't know Fuzz. The charting however, seems random and has no rhyme or reason. Personally I'm not a fan of Soundclick. The ads are frickin annoying as are the genres and sub genres.
Ok.

So then my question is, what is a good way to send someone an audio stream that is meant solely for the recipiant?

And my 2nd question, Gritter, what is the lady in the backseat wearing?

mp3's : mail
wav's : google docs or windows live  ...... dropbox .... I think there's a guide somewhere here ....

ahh look under "links" in the meny on top of the page .... "web storage"

ahhh see 64G beat me to it ... o well
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 01, 2011, 01:38:01 PMFor that type of collab work, I think SkyDrive is a good place to upload your files. They give you 25GB of space for free. If you already have a WindowsLive, HotMail, or Messenger account, then you already have access to SkyDrive. If not, then you can sign up for free.

http://skydrive.live.com/

You can also control access to each file or folder separately. So, for example, you could have one folder that anyone in the world can access, and another folder that only you and your collab buddies could access.

The one major drawback with SkyDrive is that they keep changing the URLs of your files so that you can't hotlink to them. That prevents you from uploading an MP3 file there and linking to it in a Songcrafters post using our [singlemp3] tags. If you want to do that, I'd recommend alonetone.

Sorry for being so picky, but let me clarify.

I want to transmit a song to someone else, while avoiding the need for the recipiant to download it (i.e. stream) and avoid an unintended listener from encountering it.

Is there a way to use either Soundclick or Skydrive or Alonetone to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Gu Djin

Create a new band name with an obscure name, eg testing or collaboration and only post the links to the people you want to share with.  There's no way to stop other people  listening but keeping it obscure and if it shows in the charts you can enter the band account and retire it from the charts, thus spinning it back into obscurity.

Well it might work.

The pop ups have got worse, but it is still the most flexible in my opinion, but Bandcamp gives the best quality.

Hope that helps.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gritter

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on March 01, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on March 01, 2011, 01:35:57 PMAnd my 2nd question, Gritter, what is your lady friend in the backseat wearing?

A seat belt.

That's good.  That way the driver won't get a ticket.

cuthbert

Try SoundCloud instead - you can create private sets there.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase