'Cause and Effect'

Started by Greeny, November 25, 2008, 01:55:33 AM

Greeny

TIM and MIKE - cause and effect
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another one of my compositions - 'Cause and Effect' -featuring me on guitars and vocals, and Flashharry doing a lovely job on bass.

This one was written for my girlfriend - and to try out the jazzy / blues tones of my new Hofner Verythin Hollowbody!!!!  :D

Hope you like it  :)

Bluesberry

Great song.  I like the blues leanings.  I wish I could hear the bass more.  How about a nice little guitar solo with that beautiful guitar to round this out (I am a guitar solo kind of guy, I love them in every song).  Just my two cents worth.  I like the way this opens with the whole umbrella thing, sober or stoned.  It rolls along nice and smooth.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 25, 2008, 05:57:00 AMGreat song.  I like the blues leanings.  I wish I could hear the bass more.  How about a nice little guitar solo with that beautiful guitar to round this out (I am a guitar solo kind of guy, I love them in every song).  Just my two cents worth.  I like the way this opens with the whole umbrella thing, sober or stoned.  It rolls along nice and smooth.

If I could play a hot solo I would have added one  :D

Lead guitar and bass is where I'm lacking, so it's good to be on a forum where people can pitch in and add stuff like that.

And thanks for the nice words!  :)

Bluesberry

You could play a real nice simple solo that would sound awsome I am sure.  You have a real nice groove going on your guitar, sounds great.  Start there play around with the same notes, but mix them up a bit.  It doesn't have to be fast, or Hot.  Dont try to do a Witchata solo (that is for the guitar gods).  Your guitar tone sounds great, your note selection sounds great.  Take it slow, feel it, close your eyes and get lost for 30 seconds. Try a few takes like that and I am sure magic will happen, how could it not, you are a great guitar player.  I personally would love to hear it.  Then you would be a triple threat; great songwriter, great singer, great guitar.  I would buy that CD.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 25, 2008, 07:59:12 AMYou could play a real nice simple solo that would sound awsome I am sure.  You have a real nice groove going on your guitar, sounds great.  Start there play around with the same notes, but mix them up a bit.  It doesn't have to be fast, or Hot.  Dont try to do a Witchata solo (that is for the guitar gods).  Your guitar tone sounds great, your note selection sounds great.  Take it slow, feel it, close your eyes and get lost for 30 seconds. Try a few takes like that and I am sure magic will happen, how could it not, you are a great guitar player.  I personally would love to hear it.  Then you would be a triple threat; great songwriter, great singer, great guitar.  I would buy that CD.

That's nice encouragement and good advice. It'll take a leap of faith and confidence, but I'll see what I can do! Thanks!!!!  :)

Oldrottenhead

love this one to bits great work guys, when is the tour.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

It's got a nice pro feel to it.

You're an inspiration to us all.

Greeny

Quote from: FuzzFace on November 27, 2008, 11:57:39 AMIt's got a nice pro feel to it.

You're an inspiration to us all.

Thanks!  :)

I've really been inspired by this forum. There are so many great musicians and songwriters on here. It's given me something extra to work for and aspire to.

I think you're carving your own lovely, unique niche at the moment, but I can see some great collaborations just around the corner for you! It'll change the way you write and 'think' musically, believe me.

Greeny

TIM GREEN - Cause and Effect with Mike Fife
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's the latest version, with Flash Harry's beefed-up bass nice and prominent. Lovely work Flash!

Flash Harry

You're welcome Tim. Just my small contrib.

Has anyone said that you look like a blind 1970's cartoon hitman in this picture??

No????

Well you look like a blind 1970's cartoon hitman in this picture.

And you're Smoking A Fag.

Doesn't make your song writing and delivery talent any less....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.