black widow by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 25, 2011, 11:31:08 AM

Gnasty

Holy shite bro!! Very tasteful playing you have going on and sounds like you have that Ibanez bass working with your fingers to me. Excellent post..I see that Jim is happy..Very cool!!

Quote from: launched on February 27, 2011, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: Johnny_E on February 27, 2011, 12:40:11 PMIts a pity you cant record raw and add the patches to the guitars after the recording. That'd be handy!

Oh, I'm sure that can be done with an effect added during a bounce, or with the automation effects on the Sonar software - I can guarantee you Geir has that all figured out by now! He'll tell you how to do it.  8)

Mark

Yeah there HAS to be a way to bounce the effects you want. If i can do it with an Mbr like i did this afternoon, the 800 definitely can do it!! Yes Geir will tell ya!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Johnny_E

Thanks to all for the encouragement  ;D means alot to me. I am quite blown away that such a little box can do so much. It's bonkers.

I wanted to blend with Jim on this, and found it hard to play less... To allow room for the vocal and keys. Great fun indeed!!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Sorry for the late comment, both on this fabulous song and the additions by Johnny !!

well done boys !!! well done indeed !!!

To record dry but listen to an effect while recording do as follows:

push the EFFECT button
arrow down to LOCATION and press ENTER
use the wheel to select INPUT(REC DRY)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Johnny - EXCELLENT :)

I was wondering what you were going to do. Although I'm a guitarist, the "song" has been the thing for me for years and years now... and I was so impressed with this song that I was a little worried what you might do! :D

But, no need to worry at all, that's a classy piece of arrangement and lovely tasteful playing - right from the very first note. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

And orh, this song, and your performance, is just peachy...

I'd go as far as to say that it might possibly be my favourite of ALL the songs I've heard on this forum. I know it's all down to personal taste and all, but that's how much I like this one :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

Splendid stuff chaps.  First piece I've been able to listen to for a while and what a cracker.

Paul

Greeny

Magnificent! The base track was spine-tingling by itself, but the added guitar gives it a whole new dimension and depth. Officially a belter, lol.

Yeah, fabulous piece of work from both of you. First rate collab. Sounds like a songcrafters classic that will be there or thereabouts for ever............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

daveyboy

This is a fab song, and really like the additions made..could totally imagine this as a move theme, its epic!

henwrench

Things move sooo fast round these parts, it's hard to keep up with all the good shit...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR