"Linear Lifestyle" - original by FuzzFace with cuthbert

Started by FuzzFace, February 24, 2011, 09:00:12 PM

dasilvasings

Really cool song, lyrics, overall sound, attitude (great ending!!!), well, everything.

Cuthbert, like the saw in the last verses :-)
recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 25, 2011, 05:19:55 AMThe lyrics remind me of Roger Waters at his best.  

Wow, what a compliment!  Thanks!

Quote from: andrewh on February 25, 2011, 11:34:46 PMMy only wish is that it was longer! ;)

I am making a whole album of this... so hopefully one song will seamlessly lead right into the next.

I have posted a few others using the same format, of just bass/drums with piano and a touch of light synth.  (I am intentionally making an anti-guitar album as an exercise to push myself musically).

"Cosmic Personality"
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=9732.0

"Dear Vacuum"
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10373.0

"I Wish You Knew"
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=9579.0

I am also open to suggestions as this project is a work in progress!

Thanks everyone!

ODH

Quote from: cuthbert on February 25, 2011, 11:38:03 AMcaused me to drag the Micromoog out of storage

You had a micromoog in storage???

Great existentialist lyrics here, and great feel to the song.  I think the prominent bass gives it the Joy Division (Peter Hook) vibe. 

I think it's great.  Can't wait for the rest of the album
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

Quote from: Nick / odh on March 11, 2011, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: cuthbert on February 25, 2011, 11:38:03 AMcaused me to drag the Micromoog out of storage
You had a micromoog in storage???

Yes, true story: I got it around 2000, used it on a few recordings but never got to explore it in very much depth, and then shortly after that I stepped away from music for several years and it sat in a closet until last December when I retrieved it and started using it again.

Been spending more time with it since 'Linear Lifestyle', and I really love it - it's a finicky piece of gear, but it sounds like nothing else I have - the filter self-oscillates if you turn up the emphasis high enough! I have another work in progress for emuFest that I may use it on, if I can ever finish it.  ::)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

henwrench

Hey, hey!! Pure class, wonderful song/arrangement/production. All it's own. Love it!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Simon M

Cool lyrics, love the stripped down feel of this. I get a Devo-like thing going on in this song.  Good one.

Cheers

Simon

Gnasty

Sorry i missed this guys!! Trev, this is really really good man!! I like that rhythm big time and your voice is good. Your starting to come into your own.

Cuth, your piano work here is great.. I love that mini moog. Good thing you dragged it out.

Top notch Collab!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

FuzzFace

Hey cuthbert... just gave this another listen... great job on the piano and micromoog!

Magic was in the air when we made this!

cuthbert

Thanks FuzzFace...had a blast working with you on this one!  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase