Apologies for being in a "lurking mode" lately !!

Started by Geir, February 24, 2011, 03:26:29 PM

Tony W

Fortunately I'm not much of a guitar player yet, so it can't possibly have any ill effect. I'd like to say it looks worse than it is, but.... it unfortunately is as bad as it looks. Outlook is promising, there should be no permanent damage.

I'm a silver lining type, so here's the upside. I'm a lefty playing right handed. I cut the pick hand not the fret hand. I now have ample time to practice legato. I think it will be a nice skill to add.

The only problem is, the pain meds allow for about 3 minutes of coherent thought before I fade away into the near distance.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Yeesh, that looks painful, Tony!  :o

Heal up well & quickly, and try to enjoy the bonus vacation courtesy of the pain meds while it lasts!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Quote from: Tony W on February 25, 2011, 08:44:28 AMFor what it's worth I'm taking a wee break too. I had a mishap butchering a chicken. My knife broke and wound up.......

OK, so anyway, it doesn't stop me from listening to music, but the meds sure do.

Holy crap Tony!...you did what is my worst nightmare although i  have ruptured a tendon in my wrist and couldn`t play right for 2 years. Yours looks uglier!! Hope it gets better soon dude :(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Oh and Geir!! No worries...We understand and i dislike missing posts too but you know??

S*%t happens!! Be back when you can!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Migs

Niiice Tony.  Bit of an extreme way to hijack Geir's thread tho.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

AndyR

Quote from: Migs on February 25, 2011, 10:24:26 PMNiiice Tony.  Bit of an extreme way to hijack Geir's thread tho.

:D

Owch though...

Lurk away, Geir :). I'm always in semi-lurk mode. Sometimes I post enough that you don't even know I'm only lurking! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

dasilvasings

I'm lurking since November! From time to time I go through the jukeboxes and jump into a post rampage!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Sorry again. Hope to get more time soon ! Both for commenting and posting new stuff.

And I also accidentially declared bankruptcy again, so if anyone has made an epic song they want me to hear, don't be afraid to PM me.

Quote from: Gritter on March 08, 2011, 12:06:42 PMNo need to apologize...what are you, Secretly Canadian?
;D I guess I am :D ..... seriously, I've said it many times, if I had to move to another country, Canada would be one of my first choices, if not the first!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

It just means you have a life, bro! This place will always be here.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover