Hi from a new (and excited) BR-800 owner

Started by Johnny_E, February 24, 2011, 03:03:01 PM

Oldrottenhead

welcome aboard john, your excitement is palpable and i am so jealous of you, in your abilities and that you got that shiny new box to play wi.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnny_E

Yeah... its special  ;D Joe signed the front and the neck for me... and the print.. and the instruction manual... and gave me a plectrum. Must get all the extras framed to keep 'em safe now I see them like that again!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kevin Mammoth

Welcome aboard Johnny, that was a blazing intro - looking forward to hearing more!  Kev
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

ODH

Tidy looking guitar, Johny [wipes drool from corner of mouth]...

Welcome to the community from wet South Wales.  This is a cool place.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gnasty

Whoa Johnny dude! Nice guitar and so glad you met da man Joe. Ive played his stuff in the past and i think i`m gonna post one of his on here soon. I`ve seen him 6 times but never met him. How you like Chickenfoot?

Anyways, i like your playing. You and I  have a lot in common. Can`t wait to hear more from you bro!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Johnny_E

Quote from: Gnasty on February 26, 2011, 05:04:40 PMWhoa Johnny dude! Nice guitar and so glad you met da man Joe. Ive played his stuff in the past and i think i`m gonna post one of his on here soon. I`ve seen him 6 times but never met him. How you like Chickenfoot?

Anyways, i like your playing. You and I  have a lot in common. Can`t wait to hear more from you bro!!

It costs a few quid more, but if you register for Club Joe tickets you get a VIP package. We got a good hour or so in the bar to ask questions. He was so down to earth but took time to answer in great depth. A real gentleman. The final bonus was a queue jump at opening time and front row spaces kept for us. I got some great pics.... Must post them tomorrow for you (on iPhone right now).

I grew up on Van Halen. Never really liked Dave Lee Roth ... Too much spandex! But Hagar... He was and still is my favourite lead singer. So for me, Chickenfoot is my dream team band. It's like the album I've been waiting for since OU812! I can't wait for Chickenfoot 2. They're in the studio recording it now.

recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

Quote from: Johnny_E on February 26, 2011, 05:24:34 PMIt costs a few quid more, but if you register for Club Joe tickets you get a VIP package. We got a good hour or so in the bar to ask questions. He was so down to earth but took time to answer in great depth. A real gentleman. The final bonus was a queue jump at opening time and front row spaces kept for us. I got some great pics.... Must post them tomorrow for you (on iPhone right now).

I grew up on Van Halen. Never really liked Dave Lee Roth ... Too much spandex! But Hagar... He was and still is my favourite lead singer. So for me, Chickenfoot is my dream team band. It's like the album I've been waiting for since OU812! I can't wait for Chickenfoot 2. They're in the studio recording it now.

I try and just judge on music more these days as i feel we all should instead of the friggin drama and i am a heavy VH fan but the way Roth, Hagar, and Eddie have conducted themselves over the years really irked me. Van halen III was the worst mistake ever too.

I am a huge Rhoads fan and never heard a bad story about him. Eddie believed that Rhoads was influenced by him but i never liked that comment cuz i think he was totally different in every way.

Anyways why live in the past?... i want to hear more of your jamming.It`s been a crazy day and i<m drinking... hic !!

Glad you re aboard!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tangled Wires

Nice fretboard skills there John, a nice taster of hopefully more to come.

Welcome to the Community, and hope you get those tunes out that have been locked in your head.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Welcome aboard Johnny. Glad to see a renewed fire, and I too am looking forward to more of your posts. That's a great bit of music to kick start your forum debut.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR