TV Props Disaster (Bobby Davro gets it good!)

Started by Greeny, February 24, 2011, 10:32:02 AM

Greeny

I love the way Lionel Blair says "OH BOBBY!"

Blair, Davro, Bowen, and Cheggers.... what an unholy alliance!

(sorry - will only make sense to Brits, lol)

64Guitars

What show is that from? Is it an outtake from a recorded show or was it broadcast live like that?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 24, 2011, 10:43:45 AMWhat show is that from? Is it an outtake from a recorded show or was it broadcast live like that?

Must be an outtake... there's no way they'd have broadcast this live in the UK. It'll be a prime time show from the mid to late 80's (at a guess). Although, there are many people who'd have paid to see it! He's not the most popular chap, lol.

Greeny

The comments on Youtube add a little more info...

"I remember this show it was called Bobby Davro Public Enemy One shown on BBC one in 1992"

"Incredibly they actually kept the prank in the transmition. The sequence was edited so that it ended on the song. It was the last show of the only series. I'm guessing that the wrap party lost its fizz somewhat.

The next day a Sunday paper what had happened and showed a picture sequence of the stocks tumbling. It was reported that he broke his jaw, though I've heard since that he was just a bit bruised"

So I was wrong on both counts!  :D

Tangled Wires

That's easily the funniest thing he has ever done  ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on February 24, 2011, 10:55:40 AMThe comments on Youtube add a little more info...

"I remember this show it was called Bobby Davro Public Enemy One shown on BBC one in 1992"

Yeah, I saw that comment too. Then I did a bit more digging and found this. It says:

Later the same year, when we were recording my show Public Enemy Number One in Manchester, a set of stocks I was trapped in toppled over, too.

To punish me for poking fun at them, Lionel Blair, Keith Chegwin and Jim Bowen slammed the stocks shut on my neck and wrists.

But as they were about to pelt me with rotten tomatoes the stocks lurched forward with me inside them, unable to put my hands out to break my fall as I plunged 8ft headfirst onto the stage.

If I'd hit the concrete floor of the studio I could have broken my neck or back, even been killed.

Instead, I struck the wooden floor of the stage and just managed to twist my head in time to avoid any permanent damage.

The drama was cut before the show was screened, so only the studio audience saw me rushed to hospital, where they stitched a nasty cut on my chin. Amazingly, apart from shock and a dodgy back for a while, that was my only injury.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

That's really funny.....it is sort of sickening, but after I'd watched it for about the 8th time, I couldn't stop laughing.....
  HA HA HA HA HA AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHA HA AHHA HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAA!!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Oh man!!!! That guys face must of been broken..or neck!! It`s an awful funny!! ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

henwrench

I keep watching this. Over and over and over and over and over and over....... and every time, I go through the same distinct set of emotions. I too fall silent as his head smashes into the stage floor with a truly sickening BANG. But then I laugh and laugh and laugh. It's fucking mental. Thanks, Greeny, for posting this. I'm chuckling to myself even now. Got some Toque Toast and Marmalade snuff on the go. I keep sniffin' it up, get dizzy and then watch this over and over and over and over and over and over.......

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR