"Dear Vacuum" - original by FuzzFace with SwanSong

Started by FuzzFace, February 22, 2011, 08:46:58 AM

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 22, 2011, 09:28:35 AMNeil (Swansong) is usually very refined, almost classical in playing style.....and Fuzz, well rough around the edges may be a good way of describing

I was hoping to inherit some of SwanSong's refinement by association.  And it worked.  For one, Neil showed me about compressing my wav files.

This collaboration was a lot of fun to do and I love the result.  I could probably tweak it to death but I decided to go ahead and post it in the spirit of being "rough around the edges"... ha ha....

Thanks for the comments, folks!  Glad you like it!

your comments = my training

SwanSong

Thanks trevor . for the kind comment a pleasure to work on this haunting song
and hypnotic song. seems like we did suprise a few members here on this song
guess it was like the north pole fusing with the south pole . lo . best regards NEIL

Greeny

Wow... where to start? Lol. I too shared the shock of thinking that this was an unlikely pairing, but that's the beauty of songcrafters... always pushing the boundaries and merging diverse talents into beautiful music. I have to say this is a magnificent song. I love the dark vibe and the deadpan, suicidal vocal (I'm a right sucker for misery, me... lol). It's got overtones of Odelay-era Beck to my ears. It's bloody wonderful. I can see why you had to post it! And I wouldn't tinker with it anymore. Great touches from Neil too... they add a whole new quality to it. Stuff like this makes me very happy to be in this community.

Redler

Hypnotic, as said! Very experimental stuff guys! Fantastic music!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on February 23, 2011, 02:42:55 AMStuff like this makes me very happy to be in this community.
Yes, yes, yes...........agree 100% with Mr. Green here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Wow and double wow!!! This has to be the most unlikely collab I would ever have imagined, but I am SO glad you guys decided to do this!!! It's totally unique, and Neil's keys give Fuzz's work a completely different slant. It really does sound quite experimental, with the two bass lines going on intersperesed with those keyboard parts that create a lot of aural interest. Love the lyrics as always, great work.

What a pleasant and very enjoyable surprise, hats off to you guys!!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mr2kewl

hypnotic, fabulous, gripping, fantastic, unique

i'll add....

BRILLIANT!!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

FuzzFace

Quote from: Ferryman on February 23, 2011, 04:50:39 AMThis has to be the most unlikely collab I would ever have imagined, but I am SO glad you guys decided to do this!!! 
SwanSong's work caught my attention early on because it is so different from what I do.  I gradually realized he is the master of his domain, so when I came up with an idea that I could not execute myself, I naturally thought of him.

I get a kick in general from fusing ideas that on the surface seem incongruous, so again, for me this was a natural pairing.

Quote from: Greeny on February 23, 2011, 02:42:55 AMStuff like this makes me very happy to be in this community.
That is quite a compliment.  Being at this site has helped me to learn to appreciate a wide variety of techniques and talents.

SwanSong

tHanks all for the wonderful comments. and i agree with trevor this sit e has made me
appreciate all kinds of talent styles and composing. as nigel said
"This is the most unlikely fusion of 2 people" 

I appreciate all the kind comments and beign recoginized by this site for whati
do and compose....thanks to all of you , anyone else that wouldlike to combine
forces im always open ..so thanks guy s from the bothof us...best regards NEIL