"Dear Vacuum" - original by FuzzFace with SwanSong

Started by FuzzFace, February 22, 2011, 08:46:58 AM

FuzzFace

Dear Vacuum
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I may tweak this some more but couldn't hold back any longer.  Enjoy!

"Dear Vacuum"

Will you be my refuge?
Be my haven from the truth
Give me an impossible gift
Give me an everlasting excuse

To rebuild my delusions
In perfect isolation
Scientific loneliness
There is nothing left to lose

I hate the harshness
of the blinding light of day
Neverending streams of waves
and particles get in my way

I have lived my life for this day
Practiced all the things I would say
Believed myself unmoveable
Apparently I'm made of clay.

FuzzFace: Words, Vocals; Bass (2 tracks); Drums (Yamaha DD65)
SwanSong: Keyboard (Piano, Bass Trumpet)
Recorded on Micro BR and remixed in Audacity.

Loving this, it sounded an unlikely collab when I first read it but this was just delightful and the cymbal crash was a stroke of genius. Bloody marvellous both of you............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Quote from: Willie Wendon on February 22, 2011, 09:20:07 AMLoving this, it sounded an unlikely collab when I first read it
Hahaha, my first reaction was WTF, and I mean that in the nicest way guys, its just that Neil (Swansong) is usually very refined, almost classical in playing style.....and Fuzz, well rough around the edges may be a good way of describing his brilliant genius.....but the pairing up of thse two polar opposites........WTF was my first reaction.  And man-o-man is this good guys.  Loose, groove, very original sounding.  I love the heavy bass and that little drum kit sounds fantastic Fuzz.  You have been practicing on that little sucker.  And Neil, what can I say, understated, ethereal, completly in the zone of the Fuzz-master.  Inspired colab here, bloody inspired.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Way cool song collab guys!  Great vocals and bass line, and eerie piano parts !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SwanSong

Thanks guys for the kind word.s i was hesitant wheni was approached with this song
by trevor. but at the same time. it grew on me. the more i heard it . hauntingly grew
on m.e .so not knowing wha ti was really doing , after a few listens , i just improvised.
and no music in front of me. but that s generally how i do most of my originals and
covers all in my head. guess my head is the music part of the computer lo .but glad
u liked it trevor deserves most of the credit. but an honor to work with him on this
unusual and catchy song. he did a lot of ediitng yesterday and did a fine job at that.
best regards NEIL AND TREVOR

Glenn Mitchell

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

SwanSong

Thanks from the  both of u s trevor has a promisinG carear ahead of him
and was honored to work with him on this best regards TREVOR AND NEIL

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann