What Say You – The Kewl Trio Original

Started by mr2kewl, February 20, 2011, 06:45:36 PM

mr2kewl

What Say You
Time:
0:00
Volume:
well, this is a quick test of the Yamaha DD-65 and some new mods ii did to my Jazz. the double bass sound still eludes me.

anyway, ii did the bass first, drums second and keys last. each track in one take.

thanks for listening

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

Yeahhhhhhooooo, the trio is back in the house.  Excellent jazz here Mr.  The drums sound pretty damn good.  Fun hitting that thing?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

mr2kewl

thanks for the listen, guys.

the DD-65 is the live percussion element i've been looking for and it did what i've been wanting to do with my music for a long time.

now i need to find the double bass sound i'm chasing without pulling the trigger on a genuine double bass. the CFO won't allow it. LOL

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

Sounds like a proper jazz improv. Those drums are sound very live (and lively!). Definitely a good thing to have at your disposal. The bass sounded pretty good to my ears. Fine work.

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ferryman

Nice to hear the trio jamming again. Love those drums - you just infected me with GAS! I thinkl the bass sounds pretty darned good, quite close to a double bass for me. Great stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Hey this is cool... I use the Yamaha DD-65 as well.  Took me a while to get used to the pedals, but now I am liking it.

I love the jazzy quality of this song.

Great drumming and piano and bass!