Vote for the March/April "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 19, 2011, 11:52:04 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Feb 24th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10338.0

Please vote in both polls.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gritter

Do we really need a festival for prog rock? Don't we get enough of that already around here?  :P

Progressive Rock seems to be an oxymoron... ;)

Oldrottenhead

are oxymoron a prog rock band lol. songs based on a movie or book for me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: Gritter on February 19, 2011, 11:57:41 PMDo we really need a festival for prog rock?
Do we really need air?
QuoteDon't we get enough of that already around here?  :P
Don't we get enough of that already around here?  :D
QuoteProgressive Rock seems to be an oxymoron... ;)
WHADDAYAMEAN ? Rocks can't fly ??? What about pigs then ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

I seldom seem to find the time to record anything for the festivals. That's why I like the idea of JingleFest. Jingles can be short enough that I might actually get one or two done before the festival ends. Of course, some people might want to stretch out their jingles into a full song and that's cool too. It will be interesting to hear some original jingles based on real or fictitious products. And I can't wait to hear Greeny's cover of the Rainbow Bread jingle!  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 21, 2011, 07:47:02 AMAnd I can't wait to hear Greeny's cover of Rainbow Bread!  :)
Yeahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo Go Greeny go.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 21, 2011, 07:48:59 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on February 21, 2011, 07:47:02 AMAnd I can't wait to hear Greeny's cover of Rainbow Bread!  :)
Yeahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo Go Greeny go.

Oh shit yeah!

We'd be in good company if we did this fest. The Who went down this route on their 'Sell Out' album... lots of fictional 'adverts'...

Bluesberry

I could have a whole lot of fun doing these kind of songs.  And Yes Tim, The Who Sell out is a fantastic album to take inspiration from, great point.  It can be argued that that was their best album.  Somedays I agree.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand