VII. Pondering Abstractions at Night

Started by FuzzFace, November 22, 2008, 11:47:15 PM

FuzzFace

7. Pondering Abstractions at Night2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This short instrumental has had more names than Kellogs has Corn Flakes.

To name a few...

Ode to Everything
Treehuggers
Retrospective
Ludwig
Nightcalm

Enjoy!

FuzzFace

This edit is just to post a fixed version, since the previous one had extra crap at the end of the song.

Oldrottenhead

this tune has a nice medieval feel to it,

but man you have bin busy how many songs have you done in so short a time, and i thought i was prolific.
keep em coming.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

I recorded all this in 2 weeks, during evenings and weekends.  But I have been carrying these compositions around in my head for quite a while, a couple of them for over a decade.

It's actually quite liberating get this it out.

Anyway I might take a week off.  Spend some quality time with my fiancée.  Maybe teach her to play drums.  Ha ha ha.

Greeny

This is really beautiful. Lovely tone and imaginative playing. It has a Nick Drake quality about it and goes right back to old English / medieval roots - just as ORH says.

btw... I really like the title 'Nightcalm'

Bluesberry

I also like "Nightcalm" for the name.  Real nice playing.  Nice structure.  I like the middle section.  Is this standard or alternate tuning? (to cary the Nick Drake thing a little farther; If you have come up with some really funky alt tuning you don't have to reveal it, guard it with your life, let them try to figure it out for themselves).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

Everyone keeps asking me about my tuning!
As far as I know, it's standard DGMQEE.

No just joking... all but one song were intended to be in EADGBE  and it seemed to be the case according to my chromatic tuner.

Maybe my tuner is screwy.

If it is, I will have to keep it for the rest of my life in order to maintain my trademark sound.  Ha ha...

Greeny

I'm beginning to think only certain guitars can handle alternate tunings, because I tried DADGAD for the first time last night and it sounded like sh*t. Or maybe that's just my playing ability!!!

Does anyone know whether you should tune up or down when you're doing DADGAD? I ask that, because I tune down, and it was horrible.

Bluesberry

Greeny, check out this cool DADGAD lesson.  Don't give up, it is a really cool tuning for those with the patience to play around with it.

http://www.chrisjuergensen.com/dadgad.htm

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand