new radiohead album out on saturday

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 16, 2011, 05:38:45 AM

Ferryman

Hmmm. It's OK (computer) but a little too subtle in places and in others a bit too disjointed to be a classic for me. Some good tracks, but I need a bit more oomph in places. The production is also a bit muted for my tastes, I would prefer more dynamic range. Certainly enjoyable, have had it looping for a while, but probably won't download.

Cheers,

Nigel

PS If you like older Radiohaed and want to hear someone doing interesting things with that style, try "Someone Here Is Missing" by The Pineapple Thief.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 19, 2011, 06:14:09 AMi have played st thomas songs to friends and watched them cry at the beauty of his songs, the song strangers out of blue always gets folk on the first listen.

cant find the album version which is the version that gets you, this is it live still a moving song but seek out the studio version. and geir can you translate the jokes at the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HAZohy-yU
This is pretty close

"Ok we'll play a love song ... (from the audience: 'strangers out of blue') ... yes it's actually that one. ...fabulous ! ... It's great that people remember tunes and sing along ... I'm really proud of that. I'ts good beeing here in Oslo, and speaking with my east-side (of Oslo) accent .from ...... that I learned at Tøyen until I was 9 years old and moved to Furuset .. I'm proud of that ... I'm comparing myself a bit to Eminem in "8 mile" ..(laughter) If you've seen the "8 mile." movie he stands on the stage, getting 45 seconds to perform something .... first time he doesn't get a word said, but damn how he gets back"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Hmmm... Radiohead kinda passed me by... I tried OK Computer when it came out and there was all this fuss... but it just did not grab me... I thought it was a load of old stuff rehashed by today's new dude at the time... couldn't particularly see where the genius might be residing on it... the old stuff they seemed to be rehashing wasn't stuff I'd liked in the first place... and I really didn't like his voice/delivery (he immediately joined the AndyR list of "oh why don't you shut up moaning" singers)... so instead I got off on others who were rehashing different old stuff that was more to my taste :D (Ocean Colour Scene, I seem to remember, for one - that was just about the same time isn't?)

It's all about taste, and your tastes change... so mebbe it's about time I tried them again :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1