new radiohead album out on saturday

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 16, 2011, 05:38:45 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on February 18, 2011, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: Greeny on February 18, 2011, 11:06:59 AMI'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks of the album if/when you get a chance to listen to it. And where you think Radiohead should go from here. Or whether they should even care, lol.

How did you hear it?  I thought it came out tomorrow?

Officially, yes. Lol.

It's been available to download today though for some reason. It's all legit!

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 18, 2011, 10:40:17 AMwhere can i hear it tim

You can download the album in MP3 format for £6 ($9 US) or WAV format for £9 ($14 US) here:

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

You can also find much of it on YouTube.

Here's "Lotus Flower":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Good Lord... he dances and stumbles round like I would after 10 pints of Guinness. lol.

Check out the song 'Codex' if it's available anywhere...  :)

Gritter

Quote from: Greeny on February 18, 2011, 11:06:59 AMI'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks of the album if/when you get a chance to listen to it. And where you think Radiohead should go from here. Or whether they should even care, lol.

I'd like to hear them sound more like smalltins of fruit.

Actually, I don't care if Radiohead cares because I don't care about what Radiohead cares about.

Oldrottenhead

it is fabulous, best album i have heard in a long time, corblimey.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

the song codex is great very reminiscent of the two pale boys who have worked with dave thomas and frank black  but my fave track is give up the ghost. man i could weep.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Having a wee listen, first time through seems to be a development of previous themes, but I'm only onto track 5. From what I am reading here, track 5, Codex seems to be the killer track....  bated breath.....

Some nice 'outside of your cans moments though, I will have to live with it for a few weeks I think. Train journeys to anywhere and back.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

in ten years time you will remember where you where when you first heard this album, it is stunning.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann