Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 16, 2011, 06:30:44 AMI am very excited by this news

Me too.
Radiohead is my favourite.

Ever since Kid A I have held a higher standard.
I guess they spoiled me.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Listening to it now. Track 5 - 'Lotus Flower', Track 6 - 'Codex', and Track 7 - 'Give Up the Ghost' are seriously amazing. They are already up there with my favourite Radiohead tracks. In fact, 'Codex' is enough to stop you in your tracks. It totally carries you away with it's soundtrack-ish piano. 

Overall though, a mere 8 tracks is incredibly lazy isn't it? And I hate the first track with a passion. 

I dunno... I love Radiohead, but are they going to be stuck doing 'Kid A' forever?! I saw them live (Voctoria Park, London) 10 years ago when they suprised us with the new 'Kid A' material. This new album doesn't feel like much has changed in a decade.

I have a feeling it's a grower though. I'm already onto my 2nd listen and it's got me hooked. That first track though... jeez... I've had more musical tumble driers than that...  :D

And track 2 is called 'Morning Mr Magpie'. What is it with magpies? We've had a few magpies on here recently! (and I did a song and album called Under a Magpie Sky). It has a good f*cked up guitar riff on it though: very much like U2.

Early reviews seem to be mixed. People will either love it or hate it. But 'Codex' will grab a lot of people...

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

Quote from: Greeny on February 18, 2011, 10:28:55 AMI dunno... I love Radiohead, but are they going to be stuck doing 'Kid A' forever?!

"Hail to the Thief" and "In Rainbows" struck me as more conventional than Kid A / Amnesiac.

Personally I would like them to fall somewhere in between the two.

Either that or go in a completely different direction.  For example like a purely acoustic yet avant guard album.  That would be cool.

Greeny

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on February 18, 2011, 10:50:21 AM
Quote from: Greeny on February 18, 2011, 10:28:55 AMI dunno... I love Radiohead, but are they going to be stuck doing 'Kid A' forever?!
`
"Hail to the Thief" and "In Rainbows" struck me as more conventional than Kid A / Amnesiac.

Personally I would like them to fall somewhere in between the two.

Either that or go in a completely different direction.

There's no new ground being covered here.

I agree... they need to take a different turning for the next one.

Greeny

I'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks of the album if/when you get a chance to listen to it. And where you think Radiohead should go from here. Or whether they should even care, lol.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Greeny on February 18, 2011, 11:06:59 AMI'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks of the album if/when you get a chance to listen to it. And where you think Radiohead should go from here. Or whether they should even care, lol.

How did you hear it?  I thought it came out tomorrow?

I listen to Radiohead when I draw.  It just makes the pen move by itself.  So more of the same suits me.  However I would like to see what else they could do.