Clarke McMurray (shadowself) - This Fade

Started by shadowself, February 15, 2011, 09:16:35 PM

shadowself

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

This is a rock/electronic song I wrote a couple of years ago for a (failed) attempt at the RPM Challenge.  I did this over two evening sessions.   I like to use a lot of synths, but I also like mixing in a more organic sound.  I never really know which genre my music fits into.

All music and vox by me.

[soundclick]10285430[/soundclick]

(I wish the maximum attachment size was just a liiiiiittle bigger here)

recorder
Record
recorder
Reason

Greeny

This is serious quality. Kind of reminds me of Talk Talk - and I mean that in a good way. This is a radio-ready, chart-busting song. Amazing vocals and faultless production. Wow!

Redler

I got that Talk Talk feel, too! Nice tune and I like your voice, too. The production is also stellar! What a way to introduce yourself! Welcome to the site!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Great composition, performance, production, everything.  I love it!  Dang I wish I could sing like that.......
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Flash Harry

Wow, what a vocal!

Welcome to our community. I can hear Talk Talk here too. Nice keys and programming.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

great song and vox its certainly talk talking to me. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Your genre is good music! This has definitely got a lot of commercial potential. Nicely composed song, very well put together and arranged and overall it sounds great! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Blimey...this is good...as good a song as I have heard on here recently.

Love the icy synths, lots of nice variations in the melody, which keep it very interesting.

As others have said, your vocal is stunning, and love the echoing backing vocals too.

This song should be huge..amazing quality in all respects!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

I enjoyed the first one so much that I sought out another - and  i'm not disapointed.

Great song and well produced.  Particularly like the slightly synchopated arpegiated/sequenced lines.  Great idea.

Paul