Magpie

Started by tom r, February 14, 2011, 02:27:51 PM

cuthbert

Big, big sound with that Telecaster, and I like the vox - this one's a crackin' goodun!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

tom r

Yeh the Tele came out again Cuth. :-)
Cheers again Neil i would love to do a movie soundtrack alas i doubt that would ever happen. Never mind

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Tangled Wires

Must try and get my Tele to sound like this!

This is a top song Tom, you have really captured something here. Great vocal complimented perfectly by the backing vox.

Did you have a bunch of flowers in your back pocket when you sung it? ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

No flowers but i did have a pint of old speckled hen.

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

hardlock

Wow, don't know how to describe it but you capture something very elusive in this song.  Use of major/minor in vocals maybe?  I'm not into theory but know what I hear and know what I like and this is way cool!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman

You really are channelling Mozzer here, there a definite Morrisey edge to the vox in a very good way. And I love that big guitar, hard to believe it is just one! The sirens and effects are totally brilliant, overall this is a complete slice of wonderfulness that just grabs you from the off and gives you a good shaking. Power and passion in the performance, and a really ballsy recording. Well done!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tom r

I put all down to beer n the power of the Telecaster. Whats got into me i was always a Gibson man!!!

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Redler

Superb songwriting and performing, tom. I listened this already on yesterday and I liked. Now, the second listening sounds even better! I agree with the others - here's a slight Morrisey/Smiths feel. That's good - The Smiths has been my long time favourite!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

I'm in love with this tune bro!

Northan swagger and sirens!!

Awesome!

Love the lyrics and vocal man! Dwarfs the music/instruments in the best of ways!

AND THAT PRODUCTION..... WOW!!!

In love bro!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Quote from: tom r on February 17, 2011, 02:01:18 PMI put all down to beer n the power of the Telecaster.

What a combination! The Tele really does give a great edge to rhythm playing, and it sounds fab here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR