Moving Away - A Kayla original

Started by BAG, February 13, 2011, 12:54:52 AM

BAG

Moving Away
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's something new from Kayla. She wrote it last month about moving home again. She performed a shortened version of it in front of the school on her last day of school before moving.

It is quite basic and the recording isn't great (that'd be my lack of skills) but you probably should take into account (and i even sometimes forget) that it was entirely written and performed by a 10 year old. Both rhythm and lead guitars, vocals and Irish Tin Whistle all performed by her!(She has only been playing the Irish Tin Whistle for about 4 weeks). I resisted the temptation to try and change some stuff as i think i would have only detracted from the innocence of the song.

Not a bad first original song effort i think.......... but then i am a bit biased  :D
Just a roadie again.....

Tangled Wires

This would be a pretty impressive song by anybody any age, and to think that it was written and performed by a 10 year old is amazing,

Your daughters vocal is excellent, her singing voice actually is very mature..way beyond her years!

The tin whistle was a really cool addition too.

An extremely impressive first original song, and she will only get even better!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Oh it's stunning... give her a big hug from us :)

I found myself thinking back to what I did myself early on. I picked up a guitar when I was 14, I was writing songs by 15, and my parents paid for me to go into a local studio when I was 16 or so. My "lead" playing then was comparable to hers now. My vocals were a little bit more authoritative at 16, but other than that, she's AT LEAST 6 years ahead of where I was at.

This song and its performance is just so good in its own right. And then just listening and thinking about what she might achieve and the raw talent that's there, and then thinking about creativity and sharing and those general "aren't we all amazing" thoughts... kinda puts a tear in the old eye...

Thanks for sharing. Make sure she knows that a bunch of more experienced people have heard her and think she's amazing and that they're really glad she's doing what she's doing...

EDIT: And, oh yeah, I'm really jealous of YOU! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

What a proud man you must be. I sense a great musical future ahead of this young lady if this a path she wants to pursue. Wonderful............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

This is very impressive and stunning. Your daughter is talented at all levels at the age of 10??

The vox shine and that`s a pretty good guitar solo. ;) Great work Kayla!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

BAG

Thanks for the nice comments folks.

The wife, after i posted above, informed me that she helped with the lyrics a little as Kayla was a bit repetitive in places however the chord progression and all of the music was all hers.
Just a roadie again.....

holdempok

Hey BAG this is so real and now. Your daughter is amazing. Keep it going both of you. As she grows it will get harder but its the music that will keep you close. Stay deeply involved.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Gritter

Incredible song - period. A stunning performance...her schoolmates must have been in tears. This is powerful stuff.

You are an amazing talent Kayla.

Ferryman

Excellent work, what a fantastic first effort. It's really good to see Kayla is already interested in creating her own music. This works really well, the playing and singing is fantastic. Sure, there are things that could be tweaked but that will come. I agree that it has a wonderful innocence as it stands and it is a lovely piece of work. Well done!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann