The Stones: Rough-Arsed Demo Jam of 'Brown Sugar' with Slide Guitar

Started by Greeny, February 11, 2011, 10:08:30 AM

Greeny

I like this a lot. Really sloppy in that Stones kind of way, but it just makes it better. I like this better than the single version. There's some debate on whether Clapton is playing the slide on this. It sounds like he's doing the solo though.

A treat for any Stones fans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4O80NpnpHw

Greeny

Don't you just wish you could be in a band doing stuff like this all day? I do!

Tangled Wires

Wouldn't class myself as a huge Stones fan, but this is bloody brilliant...whoever is playing that slide is adding something very special to this

Quote from: Greeny on February 11, 2011, 10:09:56 AMDon't you just wish you could be in a band doing stuff like this all day? I do!

Amen to that!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on February 11, 2011, 10:09:56 AMDon't you just wish you could be in a band doing stuff like this all day? I do!

Yeah..............until the drummer gets really annoying by hitting stuff because he is bored while you are trying to work out the music. And the keyboard player has a hissy fit because he can't get the right keyboard sounds you want. And the singer is strung out because he has done too many substances....... Then you start to think "why do I bother" and "wouldn;t it be better just to write and record my own stuff".......

Loved this version though!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR