Latest Lapsteel finished---and apologies

Started by StevieM, February 09, 2011, 12:39:36 PM

StevieM

Hi guys,
I know I'm not around that much, what with life in general, and just recently starting an OU ( Open University) course on the Technology of Music. At the mo I'm really struggling with it--the music theory quite a bit, but it's the Maths that's really hard. Not sure if I'll be able to carry on with it too much longer!!!
Haven't picked a guitar up in weeks to play  :'(
Probably a bit of a cheek to post this, but what the heck, I'm sure you'll forgive me ;)

Anyway, I did manage to get my latest project finished--this Lapsteel. It's solid Yew, and I made all the Stainless Steel hardware bits myself too, apart from the tuners and electric  bits  :D
I was going to do a vid and stick it on You Tube so everyone can hear what it sounds like as well, but just haven't had the time. I'll try to do something MP3 wise to at least post on here soon.

What do you think?
Cheers.

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

That's one amazing unique guitar, bet it sounds as good as it looks!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Greeny

So organic! Definitely made with love and skill. Great work. You'll have to record something with it before you sell it!

henwrench

That is one seriously beautiful looking lap guitar. If I had the money, I'd buy it!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

wow great piece of work, quality too, love to hear it.
recorder
Boss BR-80

guitarron

that's beautiful-i bet sounds as sweet as it looks

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

That's a lovely looking piece of work, would love to hear it sometime...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

StevieM

Whoops----sorry for the advertising link that was originally on here, didn't realise ( or more probably, forgot) it wasn't allowed :-[.
Thanks for the comments guys, still haven't even got a track done with it to post yet, let alone a vid. Life's just been pretty shit lately, no time,opportunity or inclination to get off my arse and play, or catch up on the forums for a while now.
Oh well, that's life :(
Cheers.

Oh yeh, this is another one of mine that was finished a while ago, can't remember if I posted this on here before or not! Not the best vid, I know, needs stuff doing to it, but there you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBB4QOQA0m4
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!