recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Migs

Quote from: Redler on February 09, 2011, 11:11:41 AMThe Lemonheads (especially Evan Dando)
That bastardo stole my girlfrined Alison Galloway ... just because he wrote a song about her, she decided he was better.  And no, I'm not bitter.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Greeny

Quote from: scottieD on February 09, 2011, 12:28:56 PMShiny Happy People by R.E.M....absolutely horrible, and I don't care if it's supposed to be ironic, tongue in cheek, whatever...it's just a terrible, annoying song.  Did I mention I'm not fond of this song? :)

Scott

I've heard REM themselves hate it too!

AndyR

Quote from: Greeny on February 10, 2011, 02:17:53 AM
Quote from: scottieD on February 09, 2011, 12:28:56 PMShiny Happy People by R.E.M....absolutely horrible, and I don't care if it's supposed to be ironic, tongue in cheek, whatever...it's just a terrible, annoying song.  Did I mention I'm not fond of this song? :)

Scott

I've heard REM themselves hate it too!

Yeah, and I understand Blue Oyster Cult hated (Don't fear) The Reaper.

And I was amazed when I heard Elkie Brooks say she's never liked Don't Cry Out Loud, but they forced her to do it and it turned out to be a hit... It's one of my MOST FAVOURITE songs ever.

Her performance of it after that intro was perfunctory and very disappointing to the late-40s version of the dreamer who fell in love with it and her when he was 14 or or so :( (rest of the gig was fab, but that really disappointed me).

Mebbe she ought to talk to Donny. Donny hated Puppy Love. He tells a story at gigs about how he used to sing it for years in a p1ss-take fashion because he hated it so much, and he thought the audience would share the joke... but then a 30/40 year-old came backstage after a gig one day and tore him a new one over his behaviour during the show, pointing out that it was her pre-teen years he was taking the p1ss out of... and after telling the story he sits at a piano and sings a truly beautiful version of what is actually a superb song - even the two or three blokes that were in the sell-out audience were crying :D. He doesn't hate it anymore, it's just not one of his favourites.

Unfortunately folks, Shiny Happy People is a very good song - a chorus and a verse and a tune you can hum (TM ORH ;D) (Actually, I'm not sure it has an identifiable verse and chorus, can't remember, but you know wot I mean...). It's just not in a style that most REM followers (and REM themselves) actually appreciate. Personally, I'm not that fond of most of what REM did, but I do find this one pleasantly listenable (as long as I don't hear it more than once a year or so! ::)). I have one REM album, it's the one that has that on, can't remember the album title and that's the only song I can remember off of it... there's one other on there that I like, it's those two songs I put the CD on for, if at all... but I can't remember the name, any lyrics, the sound, the tune or anything about the other song.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1